• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Two smaller knives- Wakui 180mm Nakiri (SOLD) and Lars 185mm Bunka

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It pains me to sell those 2 but I do need some extra cash and those 2 are my lease used, not because they are not as good as others, but rather because of their size, I found myself reach more for larger knives.

The Wakui is an excellent white #2 stainless cladded Nakiri, ModRQC has written a very detailed review on it here- Comparative Review: Three Small Sanjos . I bought it at EE where the current price is more than $350, but I only paid $175 for it so I'd willing to sell if for $160.
2.jpg

3.jpg
4.jpg

Lars is a very underrated Swedish knife maker, his grind is tough but still cuts like crazy, I'd buy his gyuto or cleaver later if I got the chance. The steel of the Bunka is C75S around 60 HRC, tough and not as reactive as some more simple carbon steel. I paid $210 for it, and willing to let it go for $180.
5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Last edited:
BTW I have a Tojiro A-1 170mm Nakiri and a well used Victorinox 8 inch chef I'm willing to throw in for a little bit more, since the shipping cost probably exceed their value if I sell them alone.

It's honestly a bit crazy that the Lars has not moved. Lars is one of the Swedish OGs, at least among the new generation of smiths. He doesn't use the fanciest steels out there, but as you know the name of the steel isn't everything. He usually does a differential hardening that still produces a KU, but doesn't advertise it.

Back