Media ugliest. knife. ever.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He is really sold on hollow grinds for cooking knives.

I'm sure that Jay Fisher makes a well made knife but this must be the worst execution of a chef's knife that I've ever seen. In fact, this knife should be shown to new makers as and example of what not to do in every respect.

That guy is getting the most out of his Spyderco hole license.

k.

So what constitutes a "Master" chef's knife?

i don't even know what that is.

What do you mean you dont know?

Thats Princes of Persia kitchen knife !
Or Sandokans Sword, if you like
Some people wont ever realize that you dent need fancy to get good result...

I and a few others had the oppurtunity to check this knife out. If I'm not mistaken it was panned by everyone.

I remember Fish had one of these Haslinger, and he said that it was one of his favorite knives, beating out a Hattori KD. It looks pretty weird I admit. What didn't you like about it?

I think this one gets the double whammy. Worst looking knife and worst name

I give you the Goldhamster Solicut - Plenum Santoku Special

GH156-111-19-solicut-santoku-gaatjes-large.jpg

Where I found this abomination

GOLDHAMSTER????????????
That is the most unfortunate name for a kitchen product ever devised!

I'm sure that Jay Fisher makes a well made knife but this must be the worst execution of a chef's knife that I've ever seen. In fact, this knife should be shown to new makers as and example of what not to do in every respect.

I'm thinking it would be a real PITA to clean whatever you're cutting out of all those holes:doublebanghead:

he sure has some >koff< interesting opinions on geometry and steel selection

But imagine, who else provide you with specially designed designer brush to clean your knife? How amazing offer is that? Ill go for it!!

The ad said " just as professionals do when they hold two chef's knives together".
So why not just hold two knives together? I suspect that using one knife would actually be faster because that thing looks so clumsy!

But do you really ever-ever chop the **** out of your herbs with a knife or two? With sharp knife youll slice them finer than you could chop it with no loss of flavonoids/oils.

But do you really ever-ever chop the **** out of your herbs with a knife or two? With sharp knife youll slice them finer than you could chop it with no loss of flavonoids/oils.

I like how the two reviews on the site are horrible. One guy says that food wedges between the blades. Great. Now you have to try poke out food between two blades. At least they won't be that sharp.

Here is the quote: "I find this very frustrating to use for chopping onions, celery, or other fresh veggies, due to the chunks being caught up in between the blades, choking the chopping action. This means I have to stop and remove these chunks before continuing to chop. Not time saving for me at all."

k.

^^^
Those Ken Onions knives are so friggin' stupid-looking. They seem like they were all engineered by people who have never cut anything in a kitchen. Knives for Microwavers to put out on display :flush:

What is up with the pregnant guppy handle??

But the lack of pointiness is so non-threatening! We don't want to hurt our food's feelings, do we?

BTW that halftime knife says "just like when pros hold 2 chef's knives". Oh yeah, because I do that ALL the time.

To bad they don't realize that that the two knives are one in each hand!

This half-time knife isn't particularly ugly, but it is such an ugly idea. It is so wrong in so many ways. . . .
It's a variation on the good old double-bladed mezzaluna:

Mincing-Knife-And-Bamboo-Board-145064.jpg

Never saw much point in that, either, unless you're running a minced herbs factory.

:cookoo:
Jeeze, chopping herbs is so easy it is just ridiculous to drag out more stuff that has to be cleaned! It seems to be an American trait to come up with labor saving devices that end up causing more labor than they save.

Actually, I think the mezzaluna and double-bladed mezzaluna are Italian inventions from the 1800s. Not sure about that...

Back