Media ugliest. knife. ever.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a few knives in to sharpen today. Among the various Chicago Cutlery and Henkels I received, this one stood out. It is perhaps the ugliest knife I have ever seen. If you have an uglier knife (I find that hard to believe), post a pic to proove it :lol2: :cool2:

DSC02607.jpg

DSC02608.jpg
I wish the blade wasn't so **** because I kinda like the rest lol

I just found this beauty on the net ... actually really looks kinda fun ... your own custom whale-knife!!

View attachment 108063

It's not just that one, I think there's 3-5 other whale shapes/poses... gotta collect the whole pod!

(I lowkey want one as a conversation starter--just gotta find an excuse to order something else from Bernal.)

Attachments

• sakaknife.jpg
    sakaknife.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 83
I have cleaned fish for some 55 years. In a country where there have been knives specifically to break down and slice fish, it blows my mind that a product like this is sold in Japan. Made by G.Sakai of Seki, a respected knife manufacturer no less.

I actually tried using the magic knife 'SAKAKNIFE' that can easily handle any fish with this one - GIGAZINE
From the article:
"When you throw away your head, you can remove the internal organs, but it seems that some of them remain. However, it is said that 'the remaining internal organs are pressed with the tip of the Saka knife and pulled out', so people who do not want to grasp the internal organs are okay."

Obviously, the writer found the knife far more depressing than I did. I have not yet thrown away my head, but am considering it.

There are many contenders for ugliest knife ever in this thread already. This one might not be the ugliest but definitely deserves a place among the ignoble pantheon of knives shown here. Gets extra points for poor design and materials as well.

View attachment 119567

Why on earth is there a big hole in middle of it?!

Why on earth is there a big hole in middle of it?!
So you can twirl it like a pistol?

To define the largest item they think is safe to cut with this knife?

Actually, this feature is for storage; place items into the hole, then rotate the knife clockwise ¼ turn.

Jesse James knives? Is that the guy with the car / motorcycle show?

That website is priceless. It shows the sharpener (looks like Jesse himself) doing the paper-cut test with a playboy centerfold.

And then there's this line: "The standard for professionals and moms everywhere." Because you know they're mutually exclusive.

tacticool-kitchen-knife.jpg

Tactical kitchen knife set! Blacked out cerakoted blades to prevent exposure to sniper fire while running through shallot brunoise. G10 handles for maximum strength and resistance to incoming rocket attacks. Kydex retention system for secure storage and rapid deployment. FSB Assassins constantly interrupting your prep with aerosolized novichok? Get your tactical kitchen knives today!

🤣

Is it actually possible for anyone who's not in military administration to use the word "tactical" without it being either pretentious or mock-pretentious?

"Tactical" being used in a serious tone seems to be a pretty reliable way to spot an idiot.

The knives in the picture aren't particularly ugly, but they do clearly say "Avoiding all forms of education is an achievable goal; ask me how I know". :)

(That's not exactly the way the knives phrased it.)

Back