Media ugliest. knife. ever.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a few knives in to sharpen today. Among the various Chicago Cutlery and Henkels I received, this one stood out. It is perhaps the ugliest knife I have ever seen. If you have an uglier knife (I find that hard to believe), post a pic to proove it :lol2: :cool2:

DSC02607.jpg

DSC02608.jpg
Ha ha ha - I have one of these!

U-G-L-Y !!!!!!! U BET IT IS!!!!!

But it is a beast on crusty bread! Every time I think of getting rid of it I think picnic basket or just leaving it out in the kitchen. The blade is protected so it wont cut anyone.

And who cares about it? Go ahead and abuse it!

Ha ha ha - I have one of these!

U-G-L-Y !!!!!!! U BET IT IS!!!!!

But it is a beast on crusty bread! Every time I think of getting rid of it I think picnic basket or just leaving it out in the kitchen. The blade is protected so it wont cut anyone.

And who cares about it? Go ahead and abuse it!

Who makes that knife?

I got a few knives in to sharpen today. Among the various Chicago Cutlery and Henkels I received, this one stood out. It is perhaps the ugliest knife I have ever seen. If you have an uglier knife (I find that hard to believe), post a pic to proove it :lol2: :cool2:

DSC02607.jpg

DSC02608.jpg
Mmmm, baguette. Yum! Can they be ordered with a lefty handle?

1634425968275.jpeg

Maybe not the ugliest knife ever, but an unacceptable aberration of taste nonetheless. Yours for a mere $400 from that 2 go place.

The phrase ‘pig with lipstick’ springs to mind for some reason

That handle seems up your alley, though @WiriWiri

I used to like you Hanna. But yes, I still have that purple resined handle on the end of a nice Myojin blade. It remains horrible, wherever I try to conceal it,. Currrently it’s hidden at the back of the drawer, saya facing out, buried under a pile of blades. And still your eye can‘t quite fail to catch a glimpse a flash of that purple end lurking in the deepest recesses of the woodwork, eagerly drawing attention to itself like a labradoodle with a stiffy.

The only saving grace is that a new handle, or possibly two, are on the way. And that the same blade appeared on sale in the UK today for over $500.

I may have lost my pride, social standing and any sort of respect. But i did save over $200, delivery included. And that just means another knife to embarrass myself with, so there.

🤷‍♂️

I used to like you Hanna. But yes, I still have that purple resined handle on the end of a nice Myojin blade. It remains horrible, wherever I try to conceal it,. Currrently it’s hidden at the back of the drawer, saya facing out, buried under a pile of blades. And still your eye can‘t quite fail to catch a glimpse a flash of that purple end lurking in the deepest recesses of the woodwork, eagerly drawing attention to itself like a labradoodle with a stiffy.

The only saving grace is that a new handle, or possibly two, are on the way. And that the same blade appeared on sale in the UK today for over $500.

I may have lost my pride, social standing and any sort of respect. But i did save over $200, delivery included. And that just means another knife to embarrass myself with, so there.

🤷‍♂️

Defintely need pics of before and after change of handle :)

I couldn't care less about the damascus (any damascus really) but the handle looks pretty. Doesn't look offensive to me at all.

Don't know if this has been posted before, but *** is this? Look at the profile.. The spine?

Messer 0005 - "Mandel" (haager-messer.de)
The next CM? Is this actually intended to be used as a knife? Looks like some weird art piece type thing but I can't imagine anyone wanting this in their kitchen on display. Kind of looks like a paperweight you'd find in a model home or something. The only other explanation is they dug up a bunch of these in their backyard.

The next CM? Is this actually intended to be used as a knife? Looks like some weird art piece type thing but I can't imagine anyone wanting this in their kitchen on display. Kind of looks like a paperweight you'd find in a model home or something. The only other explanation is they dug up a bunch of these in their backyard.
Seriously, the image that keeps popping up in my mind when I look at this knife (unwillingly) is that small shovel that people bring with them hiking to dig down their dong.

07506438-7E5F-47FE-9A3C-6F82BADE5080.jpeg

Apologies if this has been posted before, but couldn't find anything in the search bar. From 2.5 years ago, the maker (Pirate Forge) calls it a 'Forged Ring Cleaver' and describes it as "Serbian Cleaver meets Santoku". Found on facebook while searching for Serbian cleavers... as a joke 😅

View attachment 153548

Apologies if this has been posted before, but couldn't find anything in the search bar. From 2.5 years ago, the maker (Pirate Forge) calls it a 'Forged Ring Cleaver' and describes it as "Serbian Cleaver meets Santoku". Found on facebook while searching for Serbian cleavers... as a joke 😅
@Isasmedjan 👍

Seriously, the image that keeps popping up in my mind when I look at this knife (unwillingly) is that small shovel that people bring with them hiking to dig down their dong.
Ah - er - there's an unsubtle difference between 'Dung' and 'Dong' - a shovel is typically only used for the former - your mileage <may> vary....

Don’t know if these came up didn’t want to go through the hole thread. They must have awesome food release lol
28FC1B07-4423-474E-B5ED-88AEB654621E.png

AA1BE6F7-FD86-4E7F-BD99-73010E1EA021.jpeg

I can't get over this knife, from the Knife Findings thread. Especially when someone paid $5000 for it within minutes of being listed.

I've seen questionable cladding that looks like it goes to the edge, but never so bad that you can see it wrapped around the other side. It's like buying a Ferrari that's clearly been in a wreck because you don't know enough about cars to understand that the doors should close all the way and the wheels are supposed to point the same direction.

Maybe it's not so ugly to other people because it doesn't have vertigo-inducing damascus or a mottled green and pink handle. To me it's ugly in a different way, like a broken tool or a supermodel with syphilis. Ugly like this:

EC71158D-D6C0-4368-AB42-EE73E9ECAC86.jpeg

(Katerina Kamprani)

There was a 5000 CAD tamahagane damascus gyuto sold in a few minutes .
https://www.toshoknifearts.com/collections/12-days-of-christmas/products/iba-am181-fa300
If you look at the pictures, the knife has cladding materials wrapped around the edge on one side, and a portion of cladding very close to the edge on the other side. I really don't understand the high-end market...

View attachment 156980
I can't get over this knife, from the Knife Findings thread. Especially when someone paid $5000 for it within minutes of being listed.

I've seen questionable cladding that looks like it goes to the edge, but never so bad that you can see it wrapped around the other side. It's like buying a Ferrari that's clearly been in a wreck because you don't know enough about cars to understand that the doors should close all the way and the wheels are supposed to point the same direction.

Maybe it's not so ugly to other people because it doesn't have vertigo-inducing damascus or a mottled green and pink handle. To me it's ugly in a different way, like a broken tool or a supermodel with syphilis. Ugly like this:

View attachment 156986
(Katerina Kamprani)
Makes me wonder are we missing something “ beautiful colors” in the description ***

I don't think the cladding is wrapped to the other side. From what I see, the spots where the cladding touches the edge are different on each side
B6388D2F-2E37-4980-8DF9-78EB8C6D8E9D.jpeg

It very clearly does, which they admit in the listing:

"*There are small areas where the cladding goes over the cutting edge near the belly of the blade (2-3'' before the tip). Please be aware."

Don't tell me you bought this thing? 😬 That would be awkward

View attachment 156994
It very clearly does, which they admit in the listing:

"*There are small areas where the cladding goes over the cutting edge near the belly of the blade (2-3'' before the tip). Please be aware."

Don't tell me you bought this thing? 😬 That would be awkward
Ah didn’t see that. I thought they just meat the cladding touching the edge (which is bad on its own).
Lol I absolutely did not buy this

I don't think the cladding is wrapped to the other side. From what I see, the spots where the cladding touches the edge are different on each side
It's in the description on the page.
Screenshot_2021-12-21-15-07-17-70_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

I think there is a new market for the Uber rich perhaps? Super flash knives that cut like s#*t? I worked on super yachts for 5 years and as a private chef in Monaco for 3, rich people buy quite a bit of tack.

Takaba knives are much thinner than expected, and the cladding is more of a light surface coating than an actual clad. Would be mostly resolved with the first sharpening.

Although when he gets it right, he really does...

Last edited:
Serious question - how does cladding even get wrapped around the edge? Wonky forging that knocks the core steel off center? Really bad grinding that ends up not centering on the core?

I’ve seen knives where the cladding goes all the way to the edge, but always assumed the knife wasn’t properly thinned behind the edge for that to happen. Never seen cladding actually wrapped around the edge though.

Latest posts

Back