Unfilled orders- Affected Members Post Here-

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy cow!! Guys I am sorry, and upset at the same time! I have made it clear that I had inhaled chemicals at work. I have expressed that dusty environments arent good right now. My instagram page as you seem to allude to, not one of those knives have been made since I opened my page there, look through my forum here, you will find every one of them. Exception being the knives I handles for CKTG. People who have emailed me directly, I have communicated with. I dont know what to tell you any more than what I have. this isnt easy for me either!!

The rifle? Yes I shoot, I always have since I left the military. Cost? If I sold stuff to buy it, or if its a gift from family, what concern is that? I own a vehicle too. The smoker? I built it before this ever happened. The meats I smoke, or the food I show, I harvested, was gifted, or bought/made. Is that a crime?

Holy cow!! Guys I am sorry, and upset at the same time! I have made it clear that I had inhaled chemicals at work. I have expressed that dusty environments arent good right now. My instagram page as you seem to allude to, not one of those knives have been made since I opened my page there, look through my forum here, you will find every one of them. Exception being the knives I handles for CKTG. People who have emailed me directly, I have communicated with. I dont know what to tell you any more than what I have. this isnt easy for me either!!

The rifle? Yes I shoot, I always have since I left the military. Cost? If I sold stuff to buy it, or if its a gift from family, what concern is that? I own a vehicle too. The smoker? I built it before this ever happened. The meats I smoke, or the food I show, I harvested, was gifted, or bought/made. Is that a crime?

Pierre, I think this all would not be a big deal if

a) some of the deposits talked about here weren't from as way back as 2011 and 2012

b) you'd be better at communicating with those who paid hundreds of dollars in deposits and have received nothing in return so far, even after years

I'm sorry, but if you can't work on the Knives because of health issues, you need to refund the money that was paid years ago....

Take it for what it's worth!

I have to wonder why you're producing knives( in any fashion )for a large retailer, over individual customers that put money and faith in you going back some 4-5 years...

I appreciate the thoughts and advice. If I had money to refund deposits I would. WIth the oil market the way it is (my livelyhood) And my health, I am between a rock and a hard place.

That still doesn't explain where the deposits went...

Not even sure that is the most distressing question here... Deposits from 2011 and 2012 happened WAY before the oil crisis really hit hard and the health problems (that according to Pierres posts started after the accident in April 2015)...

My math says.. 2012 to 2015... 3 years. Apart from Bloodroot I don't know any other maker with that long of a waiting list. But they tell you about it on their website!

Not even sure that is the most distressing question here... Deposits from 2011 and 2012 happened WAY before the oil crisis really hit hard and the health problems (that according to Pierres posts started after the accident in April 2015)...

My math says.. 2012 to 2015... 3 years. Apart from Bloodroot I don't know any other maker with that long of a waiting list. But they tell you about it on their website!

My point exactly.

The deposits were used to by materials, and stock my shop. I made poor decisions. As for supplying the retailer, the knives are midtechs, on hand, and required no metal work. He has been waiting a long time as well.

My wait times got away on me. I worked as a surveyor, and was away form home for extended durations, at times with little notice. I changed jobs 2 years ago, and have struggled since.

The deposits were used to by materials, and stock my shop. I made poor decisions. As for supplying the retailer, the knives are midtechs, on hand, and required no metal work. He has been waiting a long time as well.

He can wait, and fill his time selling other knives, He's not out the same money that an individual is in that regard.

Are you speaking from experience with custom makers? I waited 866 days for a knife that I was promised in "a few months", another that was a year and a half late, and I'm still waiting on one that was promised at the end of 2014. In every case, I had to remind the maker about the knife every couple of months or so.

You have to realize how bad it looks to someone who has put down a deposit four year ago, only to see completed product going up on a major retail site. And doesn't finishing handles involve producing dust?

Are you speaking from experience with custom makers? I waited 866 days for a knife that I was promised in "a few months", another that was a year and a half late, and I'm still waiting on one that was promised at the end of 2014. In every case, I had to remind the maker about the knife every couple of months or so.

Did all of those individuals take deposits? Deposits in the hundreds of dollars, I might add...

The biggest problem I see is you say your struggling... I don't see that Pierre and I'm calling BS.

I made less than 30k last year, I have a mortgage, a family, bills, and hard times my self. I also manage to pay back everyone I owe, and to save up money to put on customs. I see you here with fancy food, a smoker, at gun ranges having a blast with other people's money.

I can't believe you can even come here and basically say you don't know what to tell us! You made bad decisions...

Where are the materials you supposedly bought? If they wee that expensive then sell them to other makers. Yes sell your smoker, your guns, your car, hell anything worth a damn. How can you go about life knowing you ripped honest people off? What a disgrace..

To the forum in sorry if this comes off harsh but I can't believe what I'm reading on here from this guy. Mods feel free to delete this post if necessary.

The biggest problem I see is you say your struggling... I don't see that Pierre and I'm calling BS.

I made less than 30k last year, I have a mortgage, a family, bills, and hard times my self. I also manage to pay back everyone I owe, and to save up money to put on customs. I see you here with fancy food, a smoker, at gun ranges having a blast with other people's money.

I can't believe you can even come here and basically say you don't know what to tell us! You made bad decisions...

Where are the materials you supposedly bought? If they wee that expensive then sell them to other makers. Yes sell your smoker, your guns, your car, hell anything worth a damn. How can you go about life knowing you ripped honest people off? What a disgrace..

To the forum in sorry if this comes off harsh but I can't believe what I'm reading on here from this guy. Mods feel free to delete this post if necessary.

I've made mistakes in the past myself. And I sold some stuff like knives and guns that I would've rather have kept. But I did what I had to to pay my debts. If your main source of income is failing, double down on the knife making Pierre. Buy a respirator that can handle your respiratory problems. Or sell your equipment and supplies to pay people back.

If anyone deletes this it'd be a disgrace! You're 100% right!!!

Yes. I actually do!

And the thing is: if someone says: a couple of months and it takes years he better have a f**** good explanation, give me a discount/free saya/parer or he really cannot expect me not to trash him in the forums. I mean, come on... This is business, not charity or communism!

If I would've been one of the guys who paid a deposit in 2011 or 2012 Pierre would've been sued by now. Yes, I have a lawyer relative in Canada who would've done it for free, but that's not the point ...

Maybe since you have no skin in this maybe you shouldn't be as agressive in your comments.

Have you even had any dealijgs with Pierre?

And sorry but most custom makers are part time and make it quite clear that wait times are only approximate. This is why personally I wont put down a deposit to put myself on the books. I have no issue paying one once work starts.

But that is just my personal risk assessment.

Also in regards to the midtech issue... pierre's response is there. He couldn't grind steel for health issues and had these on hand. So yoh are saying he should have just done nothing for anyone?

Every custom maker i know does extra knives beyond their custom list. Just look at Bloodroot, 3 year wait list and up to 20 knives extra a month. These are done likely due to economies of scale.

This is a bad situation guys lets just at least try and keep it civil. If you can't, please take it private.

Yes, yes, and yes.

I feel like this sets a bad precedent. Because others have made bad decisions, or promised what they couldn't fulfill, it's okay for everyone to go that route? You shouldn't have to remind someone that you gave them money to produce something. I feel like we've all let this type of behavior slide for a long time now. instead of makin empty promises, give someone a reasonable timeline, and update them as to hiccups in that time line. I know life gets in the way sometimes. Also- don't take a deposit without having the means to return said deposit under very clear terms if need be.

Maybe since you have no skin in this maybe you shouldn't be as agressive in your comments.

Have you even had any dealijgs with Pierre?

And sorry but most custom makers are part time and make it quite clear that wait times are only approximate. This is why personally I wont put down a deposit to put myself on the books. I have no issue paying one once work starts.

But that is just my personal risk assessment.

Also in regards to the midtech issue... pierre's response is there. He couldn't grind steel for health issues and had these on hand. So yoh are saying he should have just done nothing for anyone?

Every custom maker i know does extra knives beyond their custom list. Just look at Bloodroot, 3 year wait list and up to 20 knives extra a month. These are done likely due to economies of scale.

This is a bad situation guys lets just at least try and keep it civil. If you can't, please take it private.

What he should have done is taken the profits from those knives and paid some of it back to us period. How can you justify his lifestyle when he owes people thousands?

Pierre, thanks for responding. I think what would go a long way for most of us is a little more proactive outreach on your part with what's going on and what realistic timelines we might expect. We're a friendly and overly-understanding group here. At the same time, we are customers who have paid - for us - significant deposits, so more transparency on your end about your timelines would be appreciated and isn't too much to ask.

What he should have done is taken the profits from those knives and paid some of it back to us period. How can you justify his lifestyle when he owes people thousands?

So you saying he should just roll up and die then?

Cause it seems what most are suggesting is that his one instagram post every 6 months means he is running around drinking cristal p!ssing away your money.

I don't condone what he has done. But I can say attacking him/legal proceedings etc will get you a lot less than engaging with him.

There are two sides to every story and until you know both sides you shouldn't go on the attack.

I will also note my comments where to an observer, not someone who is emotionally invested like yourself.

Pierre, thanks for responding. I think what would go a long way for most of us is a little more proactive outreach on your part with what's going on and what realistic timelines we might expect. We're a friendly and overly-understanding group here. At the same time, we are customers who have paid - for us - significant deposits, so more transparency on your end about your timelines would be appreciated and isn't too much to ask.

This response right here!!!!

There's no need for this type of feedback. It's not constructive, and bordering on petty. Personal attacks just lower the tone. Try to keep things a little classy people.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's no need for this type of feedback. It's not constructive, and bordering on petty. Personal attacks just lower the tone. Try to keep things a little classy people.

Do you not see that his tone is far from apologetic and borderline patronizing. Excuses with barely any credence and no attempt at coming up with a solution. His responses lower the tone and his actions have no semblance of class.

Sell stuff, take out a loan, work a second job that doesn't risk your health. What ever it takes to pay back your debts. You need to be actively trying to resolve this. Saying I'm stuck in a rock' doesn't cut it.

So you saying he should just roll up and die then?

Cause it seems what most are suggesting is that his one instagram post every 6 months means he is running around drinking cristal p!ssing away your money.

I don't condone what he has done. But I can say attacking him/legal proceedings etc will get you a lot less than engaging with him.

There are two sides to every story and until you know both sides you shouldn't go on the attack.

I will also note my comments where to an observer, not someone who is emotionally invested like yourself.

Why are you verbally attacking these members? They have the right to be upset given the goings-on. Nobody said "roll up and die", you are taking a legitimate grievance and blowing it up. Also the IG posts have been more frequent than six months. Lastly I think everyone here has tried to be civil to engage in the hopes of a positive outcome, but quite frankly are fed up given the timeline and optics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back