Unpopular opinions

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pinch-grip me this :)
wu4603$wusthof-classic-v2018-01.jpg

lol, it’s an acquired taste for sure...
I have tried to acquire this taste. Oh, how I have tried. I have drunk $300 Maotai and Wuliangye, side by side with $15 Pearl River Bridge, and the only difference I can taste is that the expensive stuff is smoother. All of it smells like a rotting grain silo; I can overlook that. But the magic escapes me.
Tastes like cough syrup. But doesn't work.
...that bottle was the worst thing I have ever tasted.

So which types of Sinosphere liquors (clearly not baijiu) are more decent?

Handles are more interesting than blades
My brother cares a lot about aesthetic design. He told me that either the handle or the blade should look interesting - never both. If both are competing for visual attention, it's a real mess. The same applies to watches and their straps. I don't know how correct he is, but it sounds good enough to me that I kind of follow it.
2019-10-093__83834.1573336420.jpg

My brother cares a lot about aesthetic design. He told me that either the handle or the blade should look interesting - never both. If both are competing for visual attention, it's a real mess. The same applies to watches and their straps. I don't know how correct he is, but it sounds good enough to me that I kind of follow it.
2019-10-093__83834.1573336420.jpg
I concur with your brothers hypothesis. Take this image of a couple of Ashi honyaki. If the scales were made from some fancy figured wood, the subtle banding and hamon line in the blade would have less impact. There should only be one major focal point for visual harmony.
Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 6.45.34 PM.png

Last edited:
You could go on a real good bender if you had a stillsuit. Drunk for days, walkin around, no need to go to a bathroom to do your business, and you could easily keep hydrated. Might be hard to have a drunken hookup tho. Fremen sex scenes must involve 30 min of undressing first.

My brother cares a lot about aesthetic design. He told me that either the handle or the blade should look interesting - never both. If both are competing for visual attention, it's a real mess.
Couldn't agree more. One of the questions photographers will ask if a photo is too busy: "What's the hero of this image?" i.e. "what's the main focus - I don't know what to look at here, it's a mess."

Couldn't agree more. One of the questions photographers will ask if a photo is too busy: "What's the hero of this image?" i.e. "what's the main focus - I don't know what to look at here, it's a mess."
You just focus on juicing man, leave photography to the pros.

In Finland Jägermeister is called jekku(trick in english). But Gammel Dansk over Jägermeister anyday of the week

Back