Unpopular opinions

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
- Burrfection did more for knife community then most people here can even understand. That's why he has 180k+ subs now. People here just hate on what they don't understand. (shocked no one mentioned this yet).

180K+ subs has no correlation to his contribution to the community. All it means is 180K+ people like watching his videos on a regular basis.

I've had plenty of criticism for him, yet you had literal zero good to say ...
He's gotten better. For a while, you knew he was recommending knives that weren't his best from the mass produced big boys. On the other hand, spotlighting stuff like Yoshikane, Takefu, will make those knives probably make those brands harder to get. Good for KKF member pocket books probably, but bad for getting a fix.

Flippers and BNIB knives should be put in a separate BST subforum.
How this is unpopular?
Hmmm, I think I know, you meant that the popular opinion is that they should not be able to post at all.

I've had plenty of criticism for him, yet you had literal zero good to say ...
I have on numerous occasions credited him with bringing more people into the hobby. You have this weird persecution complex about you that I first noticed way back in the r/chefknives Discord after we told you your mountain of potential wiki contributions were filled with inaccuracies. I would also say that people like you are the reason people like me don't like to engage with newbies for the most part.

Chelsea Miller is the most underrated blacksmith.

If you argue with me, then you are automatically adding support to my unpopular opinion.

:angiefavorite::angiefavorite::Iagree::LOL:

Last edited:
I have on numerous occasions credited him with bringing more people into the hobby.
I missed that, sorry.

potential wiki contributions were filled with inaccuracies.
I didn't know I came off that way, I knew a lot of it would be wrong, I was really looking to correct it and have it available ... I do have a strong anti bs tendency though, and frequently go after people for it.
However, it's been years since and some of the answers still haven't made it to the wiki .. so don't be surprised if people go elsewhere to find that info.

don't like to engage with newbies for the most part.
If you can't keep up, don't step up.

Back