Unpopular opinions

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think my turntable sounds immensely better than my digital system but its a major pain in the d*ck to use it, and i am sick of brushing records.

My analogue front end only sounds slightly better* than my digital gear but I've started to find the roughly 20 minute limit of LP sides to be too brief.

*a better cartridge and a painstaking re-set up of my table and arm would probably increase the gulf but due to J-knives and Jnats I can no longer afford $2k cartridges.

Back on topic with an actual unpopular opinion:

Hearing the perfection of your audio system (or lack thereof) has nothing to do with enjoying music. Similar to knives, there's no real reason to spend more than about $500. Past a certain point, we're dealing with a mental health issue rather than a technological one, and forum nerds of all stripes (myself included) would be better off spending their money on therapy than new shiny objects.

My mom knocked a 240mm K tip gyuto off of a cabinet and broke the tip off, so I made it into a 210mm Nakiri! Making lemonade out of lemons!
210mm nak and artifex.jpeg

dropping food into water in a bag is stupid.
Unless repeatability and perfection matters, I agree entirely!

New members should be limited to starting 1 new thread a month for their first year.
Ooops, I started two inside 28 days - one was the obligatory one, though, does that count?

Hearing the perfection of your audio system (or lack thereof) has nothing to do with enjoying music. Similar to knives, there's no real reason to spend more than about $500.
I'm on an audiophile forum (which, weirdly, has got me some good gear at quite reasonable prices) but I did have a bit of a laugh last night when there was a 1m RCA interconnect (which you and I would call a "lead" or "cable") for $2500 used...

Unless repeatability and perfection matters, I agree entirely!

Ooops, I started two inside 28 days - one was the obligatory one, though, does that count?

I'm on an audiophile forum (which, weirdly, has got me some good gear at quite reasonable prices) but I did have a bit of a laugh last night when there was a 1m RCA interconnect (which you and I would call a "lead" or "cable") for $2500 used...
You've also added something other than more questions on top of more questions about questions.

This might not be the forum from which to throw that particular stone. Also our stones are too valuable to throw.

Real talk time.

Ranch dressing is good on pizza.*
Pineapple is good on pizza too.*
Mayo is good on fried rice, (along with hot sauce or gochugaru).*
Garlic salt is good on way more things than it has any right to be, and I can't figure out why.

Sometimes, people get way too wrapped up in what's "acceptable" with food. It's almost like they forget that it all ends up in the toilet anyway.

*YMMV

Back