Unpopular opinions

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At first I lost 20lbs, then I realized I was dehydrated. Starting drinking more fluids and sole water. Then gained back about 6 pounds of water weight.
Bummer.

Kale, Brussels, broccolini, asparagus or spinach every meal w a protein w a fat (usually avocado).
Nuts also if not completely satiated.
Cucumber lime water or iced ginger tea.
Eggs for breakfast.
That’s where I’m at.

That's crazy discipline. I'm kinda inspired but my wife would have no patience for this.

Don’t really miss bread.
Every so often I miss really dense seed bread with natural peanut butter and banana. But that's the only time, and it's rare.

Also, perfected my roasted garlic cauliflower mash.
Yeah, even my wife, who was the BIGGEST mashed potato junkie ever, loves it.

I got super bad breath when I first started.
So did my wife :mad: Small price to pay, though, as it goes away (generally).

At first I lost 20lbs, then I realized I was dehydrated. Starting drinking more fluids and sole water. Then gained back about 6 pounds of water weight.
Bummer.

Yeah, fluid intake needs to be monitored pretty carefully, and sodium/electrolyte intake likewise (you need a fair bit more salt on low-carb, as you lose the massive amounts of salt that highly-processed carbs usually contain). Not difficult to sort out, though.

That's crazy discipline. I'm kinda inspired but my wife would have no patience for this.

It doesn't need to be that strict, and after a while you learn what works and what doesn't, where you can let the rope out a bit, and so on. It's certainly a new rabbit hole to go down if you like, but you don't have to, although I suspect most people in here would indeed dive down it :p

...although I suspect most people in here would indeed dive down it :p
Scrapingtoastbrains.jpg

Bad breath? Lol. I quit smoking the same time I started keto, I can smell all sorts of new gross things. If a co worker smoked a cig 5 mins ago I can still smell it on them, I’m like a hound dog.
Don’t really miss bread. Wouldn’t mind some brown rice every once in a while.
Also, perfected my roasted garlic cauliflower mash.
I've been doing a ketoish diet also. A little keto cheato. But I've been cutting out the carbs. I miss bread. Especially, butter toast with eggs of any kind. And I also miss Dark &Stormys.

I've been doing a ketoish diet also. A little keto cheato. But I've been cutting out the carbs. I miss bread. Especially, butter toast with eggs of any kind. And I also miss Dark &Stormys.
Can’t half azz it. Gotta go sub 20grams of carbs a day to hit ketosis. I guess chronic diarrhea means I hit ketosis 3 weeks ago.

Keto cheating although better did not work for me. Full on cut sugar and carbs or else the cravings get bad. Starve those enzymes of the stuff there used to and eventually they'll shut up.

What I'm confused about these days is impossible meats. McDonalds has serving something that tastes like meat but isn't actually meat. And now people are eating fake meat thinking they are making a healthier choice.
:angiefavorite:

Uncooked they literally smell like a can of paint thinner farted on a rotten pile of vegetables.

What I'm confused about these days is impossible meats. McDonalds has been serving something that tastes like meat but isn't actually meat. And now people are eating fake meat thinking they are making a healthier choice.
Yeah, one of the ideas for low-carb is to be eating real/whole foods, not highly-processed crap with an ingredients list as long as your arm.

Uncooked they literally smell like a can of paint thinner farted on a rotten pile of vegetables.
You could be in marketing!

Back