Unpopular opinions

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look at all the QB's they've shipped off that did great-ish at NE, and then?...
Only Garropolo lived up to the hype. Belichek is the evil genius mastermind for sure.

Men should not drive trucks unless they actually utilize the capacity of the truck. Otherwise they are really just driving an oversized, bloated, slow, heavy car that handles and brakes like poop. 👍

Good luck on that. Totally agree. Going over the Pali in the rain in pickup truck done it not safe at all. Now days trucks are so long with 4 doors & bed. Most are for show & stick out in parking lots.

People don't want to drive just press on gas pedal. Americans are *****'s only drive boring automatics.
Nah, some people are just jealous that others have a sports car as their daily drive ;)
991BD5A3-4759-43C6-B037-FDC1180A31C9.jpeg

Drive a Cobalt 2010 starting to rust in places... manual. Mech still decent enough. Not much competition on the highway except for real sports car - newer automatic transmissions are gaining some ground over righteous manual shifting though, this shows in my years of driving manual among automatics. However, invasion of SUVs mean there is lesser and lesser competition still. :p

Fixed it for you
Those older land cruisers if I good shape go for good coin.

True new CVT auto trans are being put in everything because programed to get best gas milage.

Subaru when put turbo in WRX had blown head gaskets couldn't handle extra power. The manual trans very reliable even with extra power.

People were having problems with CVT trans. in their subaru models. Things like slipping & chattering. Subaru extended trans. Warranty.

Now Honda is using CVT too.

We are into high computer push button driving. Eco, Sport, off-road. More stuff to break drive up the cost of vehicle.

The general physics of driving, uniformity of roads, and the concern of safety has lead to cars becoming mechanically homogenous. Progress and technology has made them too stuffed with electronics. As mechanical devices, guns are more interesting.

For the same reasons, their physical design has relatively little consequence on their performance. They're subject to strict regulation, designed by committee, and mass produced. As objects of design, boats are more interesting (not to mention higher status... we're getting to that)

Even as status symbols, they're middle class. True status is not needing to commute for work, and living someplace where cars are an inconvenience - either downtown or in the middle of nature, depending on your preference. Real estate is a higher status symbol.

And for performance, their thrills are mundane. Vroom vroom - big whoop. Having a romantic partner is both more high-testosterone and a more transcendent experience. Sex is the only real thrill in life.

Unpopular opinion: caring about cars is lame.

Sex isn't that big of a thrill if you get lots of it, just saying. Doing things that take you to the edge of your courage, can be more rewarding.

Risking physical danger isn't that thrilling if you get lots of it. Is there anything that brings you closer to the edge of your courage than sex? Not just physically but emotionally, fully grappling with the darkness and lightness of being human. I must be doing it wrong..

I never said anything about physical danger. Im talking about the courage it takes to raise children. To go to work everyday to provide for them and watch them grow. To love them unconditionally. To be there for them no matter what. It is tough AF being a single dad, but it is more rewarding than anything else.

But maybe a perceived religious experience while plowing a field means more to some. The fact is, partners come and go. Sometimes run off, they die, divorce, etc.

I'm not the person you're imagining, and I would never use the term "plowing." For a better sex life I'd recommend going to therapy over any type of physical improvement - you don't even need a partner. I'm sure you're right that raising children is more terrifying and rewarding than anything else on earth, though I'll never know. But I thought we were talking about cars 😅

Back