Unpopular opinions

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would really like to have one of these.

Chinese Facebook knife, with the copy: "CARING FOR YOUR LOVER STARTS WITH A GOOD KNIFE"

Skärmavbild 2020-10-01 kl. 08.53.13.png

Though it's better / more fun to sharpen good knives.

Indeed, though a challenge is also fun. Who knew a Global knife could be a decent knife cutting wise. Edge retention will always be crap though

Runny eggs are overrated. The obsession with having your eggs with absolutely no coloration is the dumbest thing I've ever heard

From thread mate. Wrong thread. At least regarding the first statement.

The second one I've no clue about. Does this mean some people prefer the yolk to be colorless?

But while I'm here I do have a more relevant rant about the forum and BST in general.
To the US members, please, for the love of God, state whether your sale is CONUS only or not. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that but I'm sick and tired of people not stating it, me making an offer which covers shipping to the EU, only to be told they'd "rather not" shop to the EU. Don't be a douche, don't keep EU members on the back burner just in case no one state-side sends an offer. You either are willing to ship to the EU or not. Jesus christ on a candy stick, it's not a difficult concept is it?

@juice it happened 5 times to me over the last few months, at one point there was a gyuto I wanted to buy and the seller said "he'll consider it" before spending over a week bumping the post and dropping the price till someone in the US bought it. Now you know why my post was so salty :')

@juice it happened 5 times to me over the last few months, at one point there was a gyuto I wanted to buy and the seller said "he'll consider it" before spending over a week bumping the post and dropping the price till someone in the US bought it. Now you know why my post was so salty :')
I feel your pain but it's not only BST. I've tried buying from a US based online retailer who canceled my knife order the next day because they didn't want to deal with the overseas shipping situation during this period of coronavirus.

I feel your pain but it's not only BST. I've tried buying from a US based online retailer who canceled my knife order the next day because they didn't want to deal with the overseas shipping situation during this period of coronavirus.

If you ship with a "good" shipping company, it's no problem. Had multiple packages coming from the US (and Japan and Australia) since the pandemic situation and had no problems so far. Just stick to Fedex and DHL Express... ;)

Last Buy from BST took 2,5 days from US to my home via Fedex...

So... here my unpopular opinion...

People always complain about the unreliable shipping etc. but also complain about it costing more than 3.50... If you want to have a good service/product, accept the price for it.

BTW... +1 on minibatataman 's post

Iggy

Back