Unpopular opinions

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you already got enough different cleavers to cover even the niche tasks, and a couple spares for "guest cleavers", need to come up with creative needs to keep buying

But good suggestion to get another cleaver... Will have to take that into consideration
Would be bad ass to have a guest ashi honyaki. 😁

Perfect! I'm going to pass on that one, and now I'm suddenly up $3k that can go toward my next purchase!
Now that’s my kinda math!

I have a coworker who’s husband is a fan of the justification “Well I could be sitting on the curb under a bridge shooting up, you know… so I’m really not doing that bad”

I really like their measuring cups though (the ones you can readout from above).

8IChPiW70ljokhtLaPohWYeXmwX9qQf7vuLU5ax1aa0.jpg

Also lettuce is a nearly pointless vegetable. Little flavor beyond the vinaigrette or dressing it carries. I’ve never met a burger improved by its presence. Baby spinach, arugula and other bitter greens are better options for salad bulk, more interesting flavors.

I concede it may serve a purpose in lettuce wraps.

Also lettuce is a nearly pointless vegetable. Little flavor beyond the vinaigrette or dressing it carries. I’ve never met a burger improved by its presence. Baby spinach, arugula and other bitter greens are better options for salad bulk, more interesting flavors.

I concede it may serve a purpose in lettuce wraps.
Lettuce exists only for texture, otherwise it tastes like nothing and generally is unpleasant

Lettuce exists only for texture, otherwise it tastes like nothing and generally is unpleasant
Honestly I find it doesn't even do that in a way that makes up for all of the flavor it takes away with its wateryness. You could have a bunch of layered flavors coming from everything else in the burger. Then you have just a piece/shredded bits of iceberg lettuce watering down the rest of it.

It's like pouring ice water into a soda to cool it down, rather than chilling it in the fridge.

I think it's about time we come together as a society, and find better alternatives to this hydrated crutch of crunch. Whether it be those fried onions you find on green bean casseroles, or something else. I think we can do better.

Who's with me!?

I am actually. Lettuce is just crispy water... even its nutritional value is negligible. Would use spinach over lettuce in salad any day of the week.

Back