Sous Vide vacuum sealer (Australia based)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gollux

Reaction score
I've been cooking sous vide for a few months now with my Anova circulator, and I'm starting to get tired of ziploc bags bursting during a long cook. Does anyone have any advice about vacuum sealers? I'm based in Australia, and the available models seem limited relative to what's in the US.

Anova's newish sealer is available here. It doesn't have a space to hold a roll of bags, but it looks fine otherwise. I can't tell whether it has a drip tray, though.

Any suggestions would be welcome!

Anova's newish sealer is available here. It doesn't have a space to hold a roll of bags, but it looks fine otherwise. I can't tell whether it has a drip tray, though.

Any suggestions would be welcome!
I'd stay clear of Anova. I have an Anova sous vide immersion circulator. The first one I received was broken. The replacement one is still working, but that's not the case for many other people. I've been following all the horror stories about Anova's customer support and quality control issues on their forum. Unbelievable stories there—bad enough for me to not ever buy another Anova product.

I've had the Luvele Supreme vacuum sealer for a few years, and I'm happy with it. It has never let me down.

https://www.luvele.com.au/collections/vacuum-sealers/products/luvele-supreme-vacuum-sealer

They also make a more expensive Deluxe Pro model. The advantage of that one is that you can seal several bags in quick succession, whereas my model makes me wait about 30 seconds between seals to let the heating strip cool down. I can live with that but, if I were to buy a sealer again, I'd take the Deluxe Pro model. When I portion up a bunch of food and then seal the portions, it's a little annoying to have to wait after sealing each bag.

The Luvele is not the cheapest sealer out there, but I'm very happy with the quality and reliability of mine.

I'd stay clear of Anova. I have an Anova sous vide immersion circulator. The first one I received was broken. The replacement one is still working, but that's not the case for many other people. I've been following all the horror stories about Anova's customer support and quality control issues on their forum. Unbelievable stories there—bad enough for me to not ever buy another Anova product.

I've had the Luvele Supreme vacuum sealer for a few years, and I'm happy with it. It has never let me down.

https://www.luvele.com.au/collections/vacuum-sealers/products/luvele-supreme-vacuum-sealer

They also make a more expensive Deluxe Pro model. The advantage of that one is that you can seal several bags in quick succession, whereas my model makes me wait about 30 seconds between seals to let the heating strip cool down. I can live with that but, if I were to buy a sealer again, I'd take the Deluxe Pro model. When I portion up a bunch of food and then seal the portions, it's a little annoying to have to wait after sealing each bag.

The Luvele is not the cheapest sealer out there, but I'm very happy with the quality and reliability of mine.

I'm glad you mentioned your experience with the Luvele - that's one of the models I was considering. It looks like the nicest model that I've seen; the only reason I'm hesitating is that it's a good deal more expensive than the other options (which is an issue considering that I only sous vide once a week or so). It's good to know that you've liked yours, though. I just need to figure out whether it's worth it to me...

A brief update: I went with the Luvele in light of the advice here, and it arrived yesterday. So far so good! It looks like a great unit.

I have the Anova sealer and it works great. I bought it because it is small and I can put it away after. It doesn't hold bags as mentioned, but I make mine from rolls so not an issue. I mean for $50 it was a great investment.

Jut wanted to pop in to say that I bought the Luvele because of Michi's recommendation. Great product although their tagline makes me a little sick.

Jut wanted to pop in to say that I bought the Luvele because of Michi's recommendation. Great product although their tagline makes me a little sick.
What's their tag line? I've never noticed any.

I have a decent enough vacuum sealer off eBay, but I think once we move I'm going to spend some cash and buy a chamber vac. I really want to try one, and the bag costs are so much less, which is nice.

I have a decent enough vacuum sealer off eBay, but I think once we move I'm going to spend some cash and buy a chamber vac. I really want to try one, and the bag costs are so much less, which is nice.
Would love to have one, too, particularly because they work for liquids. But the space requirements are prohibitive for me.

Latest posts

Back