Vaping Clouds Of DOOM!

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by Chef Doom, Dec 3, 2018.

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating:

1. Dec 3, 2018 #1

Chef Doom

Chef Doom

Chef Doom

Any fellow vapors out their? I got into the hobby about two months ago. I was never a smoker but latched onto it pretty swiftly. The amount of money I have spent between mods, atomizers, liquids, and rebuilding supplies makes me sick to my stomach, but it's not yet close to the money I spent on knives.

Started with a Sourin Vagon pod, now I'm building rdas and rtas with my eyes on temp control wire. Even started DIY liquids. The rabbit hole is deep. I should of taken the blue pill

2. Dec 3, 2018 #2

GorillaGrunt

GorillaGrunt

GorillaGrunt

Supporting Member

Yeah, ex smoker, vaping worked where the patch and gum and such didn’t. So far avoided getting really into it, only one mod and a few cigalikes.

3. Dec 3, 2018 #3

YG420

YG420

YG420

Vaped for a good year or so, never got into building coils and stuff, but had some nice mods from axis vapes which is now out of business. Valing helped me quit the cigs and near 2 years without smoking one, but cigars on the other hand, talk about rabbit holes....

4. Dec 3, 2018 #4

Chef Doom

Chef Doom

Chef Doom

My ex manager failed with the usual patches and gums. Tried a cheap vape pen that put her back to cigs. I gave her some stuff to try but she is reluctant.

5. Dec 3, 2018 #5

Chef Doom

Chef Doom

Chef Doom

I have a friend who is into cigars. Tried it, but it's not for me. I hate the taste of ash.

6. Dec 3, 2018 #6

Chef Doom

Chef Doom

Chef Doom

Vaping hit all of my points. Mixing recipes, learning battery safety, the mechanics behind it, tinkering with wires, I was a mark waiting to happen.

7. Dec 3, 2018 #7

gstriftos

gstriftos

gstriftos

Almost 5 year and counting...

Chef Doom, one question though:
    Why vaping then?

larrybard likes this.
  8. Dec 3, 2018 #8

Keith Sinclair

Keith Sinclair

Keith Sinclair

Supporting Member

I was never a Tobacco smoker. Hardly smoke my favorite Herb these days. Have a Jolite Vaporising system & plug in unit for premium buds only.

9. Dec 3, 2018 #9

Chef Doom

Chef Doom

Chef Doom

I bought a pod as part of a prank. Since I paid money for it, I decided to use it for a couple of days to test it out. Turns out I liked it more than I anticipated.

Never enjoyed herb or tobacco products. Drinking was mostly social for quick intoxication, but alcohol just makes me drowsy. Alcohol has also lost me more sexual opportunities than I gained from it by a good 9 to 1 loss:win ratio. Obviously I'm being kind to myself to justify the money spent on something I never really enjoyed in the first place. Cocaine just put me in instant fight mode

Vaping helps make traffic tolerable and keeps me from flipping out on customers.

10. Dec 3, 2018 #10

Chef Doom

Chef Doom

Chef Doom

The new stuff today is not for the faint of heart. I now no longer party with anyone around college age. I forgot how warped your sense of your own mortality is under 25.

11. Dec 3, 2018 #11

Mucho Bocho

Mucho Bocho

Mucho Bocho

Supporting Member

D, You might look into CBD Vaping. Great for general anxiety and a lot more discrete than puffing clouds in public.

12. Dec 4, 2018 #12

YG420

YG420

YG420

I envy you!

13. Dec 4, 2018 #13

panda

panda

panda

O.G.

vaping is whack

Jville likes this.
  14. Dec 4, 2018 #14

954kevin

954kevin

954kevin

i was a pack a day smoker for 17 years. i started vaping after trying every other means to quit smoking available with little success.

been vaping for around 5 years. im not saying its completely harmless, but from my own perspective concerning my health, and my doctor's, vaping is a much much safer alternative. a huge list of improvements accompanied the switch, both in my health and otherwise.

i guess many might not understand this aspect, but as a former addict of the worst magnitude, vaping gave me some piece of mind there as well. clean 7 years in november. a pretty sizable aspect of addiction i never really gave much thought then is all the ritual involved. i wont go into detail, but the building coils and prepping things helped me deal with the immediate separation from the lifestyle and all its goings on in regard to the rituals i mentioned.

i dunno... i think its a good thing. i wouldnt exactly encourage those who have never smoked to go try it, but if youre thinking of trying cigarettes id much rather see ya try vaping. no question its safer. despite what the huge smearing campaign would have you believe. undoubtedly pushed by those who stand to lose the most from the industry and have no limits on the lengths they would go to protect their market. immoral or not.

not only do i vape, i switched my mom, dad, older brother, younger sister, her fiance and several best friends over from long time cigarette smoking.

vaping is under tough criticism currently. on many levels rightfully so. in this industry, like most, greed is an issue. many companies would happily sell to minors and use questionable marketing tactics to lure them in.

ill say that its not only the manufacturers responsibility to take a higher ground, but as customers its our responsibility to support those manufacturers who do things correctly.

copyright infringement and child appealing labels are a serious issue. plucky charms liquid and cartoon rabbits on foil backed labels are killing an industry that stands to save a LOT of lives.

im happy to say that i think the majority of people in the business understand that and are fighting the good fight.

i wont support a company who doesnt have the big picture in mind.

i think vaping has added some years to many of the peoples lives i love most. id like to see it continue to do so, but in a healthy and fairy regulated way.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

YG420 likes this.
  15. Dec 4, 2018 #15

YG420

YG420

YG420

Glad to hear that it helped you kick the habit, did the same for me. Nice mod and coils btw!

16. Dec 4, 2018 #16

Chef Doom

Chef Doom

Chef Doom

I said the exact same thing when I saw other people do it first. Every once in a while you would catch someone in a bar blowing clouds and I would think 'what is this idiot doing?' Then I tried it, and now I drink alcohol a lot less cause I rather vape. Neither is healthy of course.

I still think the following hobbies are dumb...

Sky diving
    Bunjee jumping
    Mountain climbing
    Skiing
    Snowboarding
    Ice skating
    Bull riding
    White water rafting
    WWE
    Heroin

Yeah, the list goes on obviously.

17. Dec 4, 2018 #17

Keith Sinclair

Keith Sinclair

Keith Sinclair

Supporting Member

Doom your list is all over the place. Was kind of a adrenalin junkie in my younger years :eek:.

Can't see how anyone can smoke tobacco now days. Forced to smoke out by the smelly dumpsters.

Can't smoke anywhere in public places in Honolulu. Over the last 5 years laws got more strict. No public Pakalolo of coarse, but you can smell it in the air often.

18. Dec 4, 2018 #18

panda

panda

panda

O.G.

i absolutely NEED cigarettes, otherwise i will completely lose my sh*t at work.

19. Dec 4, 2018 #19

Grunt173

Grunt173

Grunt173

I haven't the slightest idea of what you guys are talking about. Is that something like a Bong that I seen back in the 60's.:confused:

20. Dec 4, 2018 #20

Grunt173

Grunt173

Grunt173

Guilty.Did skydiving for many years,some white water,lot of snow skiing and trained for bull riding one time and ended up team roping steers.God,I wish I didn't have to live in so much pain now days.There is a lot to be said about,you play,you pay.

21. Dec 4, 2018 #21

Jville

Jville

Jville

Doom I should of known you were a hipster, embracing vaping and comparing them to real hobbies like skydiving. Barring heroin, all those hobbies are way cooler and productive than vaping. I've tried vaping... Meh, although I can see how people could get sucked into it.

22. Dec 4, 2018 #22

Jville

Jville

Jville

I forget WWE is also an exception. I'm with you on that one.

23. Dec 4, 2018 #23

GorillaGrunt

GorillaGrunt

GorillaGrunt

Supporting Member

Vaping is an anecdotally effective method of harm reduction for smokers to move away from tobacco. But kids who never smoked and start vaping (with nicotine) because it’s cool, that’s kind of stupid...

24. Dec 4, 2018 #24

Chef Doom

Chef Doom

Chef Doom

It amazes me how many grown men without children still watch WWE.

25. Dec 4, 2018 #25

Chef Doom

Chef Doom

Chef Doom

You make it seem like kids don't do stupid things on purpose.

26. Dec 4, 2018 #26

Chef Doom

Chef Doom

Chef Doom

Those are fighting words. Bare knuckles January 1st 2025 @dawn

27. Dec 4, 2018 #27

Chef Doom

Chef Doom

Chef Doom

If we could only go back in time. I don't want to talk to my younger self through a looking glass. I would not listen to any of my advice. I want to wake up in my body 10 days before my 21st birthday with all of my current memories intact.

28. Dec 4, 2018 #28

Grunt173

Grunt173

Grunt173

Right on !

29. Dec 4, 2018 #29

gstriftos

gstriftos

gstriftos

Doom (or any other fellow vaper) any help you may need, just ask.

ECF is a great forum to gather info, a bit chaotic due to its size.
    Mod reviewers the most competent ones are Pbushardo (tiring sometimes) and DJLsb Vapes (my favourite)
    Battery God is Mooch (end and period)

If you are USA based please be aware that vaping regulations are under heavy modification so the future does not seem so free and bright.

30. Dec 4, 2018 #30

Chef Doom

Chef Doom

Chef Doom

Battery Mooch provided so much information, it changed how I approached vaping entirely. I think he is the most important resource out there.

I just got an order from Jac Vapour rejected due to 'dangerous contents' . If the government had it's way, life would be dull, boring, and tasteless. But hey, it's for the children