Videos....

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DwarvenChef

Reaction score
Bugger I was going to order the New video on Nakiri Knives but the shipping pushed this up to the $50 range and I just don't see me getting it for that price.

I really enjoy the videos made by artisans doing their craft and if I could would buy any and all their DVD's linked to anything I have gotten from them. I'll just have to wait and pry that they show up used somewhere at a reasonable rate :p

Oh well...

I thought the video is available as download for 25 $ without shipping costs!?

I bought the download. I haven't finished all of it yet, there's a lot of content, but 2/3 though the main video (haven't watched special features yet) and I can't say that I really learned anything. It's kinda remedial / beginner level instruction, but some of the stuff that they do (peeling garlic by holding a clove in hand and scrapping it with the blade) could be pretty dangerous for a novice, so I don't know who his audience really is with these. I like Carter and I appreciate what he's doing so I don't regret the $25, but I would also say that I don't think that it's worth the $50 that you'd have to pay, Dwarven.

Also, I hate to play the better / worse comparison game, but Jon's video's are the best done (great camera work, and commentary / explanations) and most informative. Even as a jaded knife snob I still learned a lot. I think that the amazingly high bar the Jon's videos set is what made me a bit underwhelmed when it came to the Carter one.
I'm also really impressed that Jon just put them out there for free. -I almost feel guilty about getting so much out of Jon's videos without paying anything... so I'll just have to buy more stuff from him until that feeling goes away.

Having a custom nakiri from Carter really put me in the mood to get the video, just OUCH...

I also like Jon's videos and hope to see more :)

Back