• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Vintage/Project Knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLimpWhisk

Reaction score
I wanted to put some feelers out there if anyone has any older knives out there that they are willing to let go on that might be a bit of a project, that would be good to practice thinning and edge geometries. I'm pretty open to anything, the only thing I would like to stay clear of is cimeters, but anything from old sabatiers, yanagis, beat up mono's in your draw could do the trick. Let me know whatcha got.

Nick

ps. based in the UK

i have an lefty yanagiba i bought in japan as a gift for someone ended up never giving it to him its been in a drawer for like 3 years now has a bit of a rust and the FnF isnt great not sure if thats somthing your interested in but if you are pm me.

Bernal cutlery is auctioning off beater knives on eBay. Looked like there was lots of vintage stuff

i have an lefty yanagiba i bought in japan as a gift for someone ended up never giving it to him its been in a drawer for like 3 years now has a bit of a rust and the FnF isnt great not sure if thats somthing your interested in but if you are pm me.

I never mentioned that I'll need to stick to right-handed blades :)

Bernal cutlery is auctioning off beater knives on eBay. Looked like there was lots of vintage stuff

Great. I'll check it out

I never mentioned that I'll need to stick to right-handed blades :)

my mistake it is right handed i just made a wts post on it if your still interested and want to see some pictures. I thought i bought a lefty because it was a gift for a left handed chef but after actually looking at it its for a right handed person

Hey man I got a 240mm ktip gyuto , no handle need some love but it has potential. Carbon blade

Back