Wallets

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

e30Birdy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same thing in Hawaii. A lot of smaller operations prefer cash. Example when my friend & I picked up grafted Avocado tree starters, he paid with card + 4.7 state tax.
I paid cash no tax.

That's why I'm old school must have a dedicated spot for cash with a bifold. Not folding up cash stuffing it in a card slot. But thinned out cards don't carry wallet full of cash either.
We have change as well as our smallest bill is a 5. 1 and 2 euro coins are always in the wallet. But since i starred going to the chiropractor I make sure to always remove my wallet before sitting down. I cannot do the front pocket thing.

Keith Sinclair

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Croc is flat, alligator has raised scales. The only problem I've had with cargo pockets is that I've missed dropping my wallet into the slot. Duh!
This is a Croc wallet one side has ridges other side is smooth. Looked at pictures of Croc's they have this type of ridge.

The wallet was large couldn't put in rear pocket because of ridges when sitting. So put it in front pocket of cargo pants. Needless to say it
didn't get used much. I wanted unusual animal
leather wallets, so got the kangaroo. It was smaller, best wallet I've owned lasted almost 10
years.
IMG_20211020_082055556.jpg

IMG_20211020_081807987.jpg

Honerabi

Reaction score
It depends on where on the hide the piece was taken. I have one that was taken from a baby croc's ridge on the back. It's an interesting pattern, but I don't use it much. I look for the the wallet that has the large, smooth scales, IMHO the bigger, the better. I'm pretty sure that the large, smooth sections are taken from the belly.
I like watching the crocodile/alligator skin luggage in the old movies. There is a scene in Out of Africa where there is one with ~ 12x6" scales. That was one huge Nile crocodile!
The individual scale patterns on alligator are convex, which some people prefer.

Keith Sinclair

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hear ya. Lost a lot of weight by cutting out sugar & processed foods cuz had pre diabetic on blood test. Lost my pot belly not starving but changed what I eat. So could wear a shirt tucked in first time in years😁. Got a nice cayman croc. belt.
IMG_20211020_100630689.jpg

Keith Sinclair

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those giant Nile Croc's that take down wildebeest. They are living prehistoric animals.
Fossils go back 200 million years. Some look same as modern Croc's. They are highly adaptive and tough. Can survive major injury & heal even in water. Great genetics reason why survived so long.

Reaction score
I’ve been a fan of DistilUnion for about 12 years now.. I’ve had their bifold for a majority of that but hav now managed to slim down to the “Wally Sleeve.” I love the pull-tab access for cards…very convenient and slim.

Honerabi

Reaction score
I hear ya. Lost a lot of weight by cutting out sugar & processed foods cuz had pre diabetic on blood test. Lost my pot belly not starving but changed what I eat. So could wear a shirt tucked in first time in years😁. Got a nice cayman croc. belt.
View attachment 147825
I have to do the same thing. Gained way too much weight post op and post pandemic.
Beautiful belt! I have one just like it, love the burgundy color. Then you have to have matching shoes. Unfortunately the belt size was a long time ago, and there isn't much chance I'll get back down to that size.
Acquired a Morpheus-style overcoat, all croc. It's more for Halloween. Not keen to shave my head though!

Keith Sinclair

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ended up getting this one. Works perfect holds
My stuff easy after thinned out what I carry.
Should last a long time waxed thread is done by
hand.
IMG_20211025_110137566.jpg

HumbleHomeCook

Life Is Punny. :)~
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a Craft and Lore Insider wallet:

I dig a lot of things about my ultra-minimalist wallet but also miss some versatility while maintaining a small foot print. And, well, it's an excuse to order a new leather thing. :)

Still experimenting with my preferences here to lock in what I like.

Dzbiq

Reaction score
I have Bellroy Note Sleeve and Nodus Compact Coin Wallet and I find the latter to be more durable and better to just throw things inside. And it carries coins better than Bellroy (carrying cash/coins is very useful in my country) and the zipper feels smooth and overall this wallet fits me perfectly.

1637449112927.png

1637449142778.png

1637449187907.png

HumbleHomeCook

Life Is Punny. :)~
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The new Craft and Lore Insider (Natural Veg Tan) landed two days after I hit the order button.

The pictures of it are straight out of the package. You can see it isn't even sitting closed yet. Quality is excellent and while it has a variety of pockets/slots it is still quite thin with a moderate front pocket footprint. For back pocket it should be super comfortable. I'll carry it for a while and give more feedback.