Water for soaking stones?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CompE

Reaction score
I don't perma-soak my stones, so each time they are soaked and dried they are re-exposed to whatever is in the water.

I have extremely hard city water coming into my house at 22 grains of magnesium and calcium. After a carbon filter and water softener, the water at my sink is full of sodium (and I'm not about to switch to potassium). Then there's the water from my under-sink RO which might be pure enough to dissolve minerals in a stone.

Which water would do the least harm after repeated soaking and drying cycles? Does it even matter?

I use only water imported from japanese springs which only allow female virgins to bathe in. Works okay, not great.

Just make sure the water is wet and your stones will be fine.

I worry about the same thing. I've used distilled and pretty hard (and dirty) tap. I can't say I've been able to tell the difference between soaking in differently treated water.

Did someone say Japanese virgins? Shwing!!!!

otaku-marries-his-anime-pillow1.jpg

pillowmen.jpg

fa8_6336_jpg.jpg

weird-korea-004.jpg

scaled.php

:spitcoffee: Ya know, some things are better left to the imagination....:tmi:

I don't know what is worse someone knowing were to look for those pics, or I am now curious about what the whole pillow thing is.

Back