Water grinding wheel

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chefcomesback

Reaction score
Anybody knows where can I find a water grinding wheel? I am not looking for massive ones , something small will do for the interim. I am located in Australia , obviously the freight will be a big factor . Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Kitchen Knife Forum

I've been curious to know how much these things cost as well. What size/specs are you interested in?

I viewed on YT some smaller ones that rotate on a horizontal axis similar to the ones from the Kohetsu blacksmiths as well as Takamura's. Question: What makes the water they use neon green?

Anti rusting agent

I don't know what my options would be, my only criteria is nothing bigger than a 30-40 cm diameter

I have had a Tormek for years.They arent cheap but are well built and will last.They are readily available in Oz.Schepach do a cheaper version but I havent used one so cant comment.

Can you translate the price listing for each of them in USD?

I'd chop my D*** off for the bottom one.

:justkidding:

No seriously...

I have had a Tormek for years.They arent cheap but are well built and will last.They are readily available in Oz.Schepach do a cheaper version but I havent used one so cant comment.

http://content.jettools.com/sellsheets/708015_ss.pdf

Competitor to Tormek. You purchase Japanese water stones for this model. I have retired my Tormek as it is painfully slow and does leave a hollow grind; which is not what I am after. I wld be open to a model if the round stone is laid flat.

Rgds D
D

Thank you everyone , will be doing some research and see what the prices are like

Last edited by a moderator:
Back