Web Store Discount for Knife Makers, Handle Makers & Customers

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
I am setting up a promotion that will give a discount to knife makers, handle makers and their customers.

The purpose of this is to allow knife and handle makers to give their customers a larger selection of stabilized handle materials without being limited by the cost of a large inventory.

This will also save both the customer and the maker a lot of time that would be spent sending emails and photos back and forth.

The customer will be able to select exactly what handle material they like best without being limited by what the maker has on hand.

A volume discount will be applied to what is purchased by applying a discount code provided by the maker.

The handle material can be shipped directly to the maker.

At the moment there are about 250 different pieces of knife handle wood in our web store. The web store is at burlsource.us

In the next few weeks the inventory will be increased by a few hundred pieces with my goal being to maintain an inventory in excess of 500 pieces. Most of the wood is stabilized. All of our stabilizing is done by K&G. One of the very best for stabilizing knife handle wood.

=================================================

My goal for this program is:
To save money for both the customer and the maker.
To make things easier for everyone.
....and, of course to see my knife handle wood on more knives.

==================================================

If you have any ideas how to make this program better please feel free to post your suggestions here in this thread.

If you are a maker who would like to be included in this program, I would like to hear from you.

Thanks Mark.. So far I have never tried to have my customers do there own wood shopping. But I like the idea, and will give it a shot!

When i actually make knives worth selling, i would like to get into this :)...Keep it going until next year lol

Sounds great. A couple of the guys here have orders on the books with me, so if they find something they really like, well... go for it :)

-M

I think this is a great idea! :knife: As a customer I feel you should check with your knife maker first to be sure that the wood your are thinking of selecting is a type of wood that your maker wants to work with. :spiteful:

I think this is a great idea! :knife: As a customer I feel you should check with your knife maker first to be sure that the wood your are thinking of selecting is a type of wood that your maker wants to work with. :spiteful:

Great point - double check before you run off and buy wood. I am sure, most makers will be happy with the quality that Mark provides, but there may be woods that some makers don't like working with or that they already have in abundance stocked in their own shops...

What is the volume requirement for this Mark? I would definitely be interested in this program. Plus i dont have a lot of wood right now, well ready to use anyway lol.

Great point - double check before you run off and buy wood. I am sure, most makers will be happy with the quality that Mark provides, but there may be woods that some makers don't like working with or that they already have in abundance stocked in their own shops...

I agree with Stefan.
A lot of the makers have some killer pieces in their stash. There are some woods that you just can't find quality pieces of anymore. Some times getting the really good stuff is just being in the right place at the right time.

This program was meant mainly as a tool for makers that might not have the right piece on hand that is needed for a custom order.
I will regularly get phone calls from makers needing a certain type of wood for a custom order.

I send a photo and dimensions to the maker. Then he sends the info to the customer who might want to know if their are other pieces they can look at.
A lot of time can get used up this way. I thought if the customer just looked through everything they could compare pieces and make their own decision what they like best. This also takes the pressure off the maker having to justify why top grade Koa for a handle costs so much more than something like maple.

What is the volume requirement for this Mark? I would definitely be interested in this program. Plus i dont have a lot of wood right now, well ready to use anyway lol.

I am not setting a minimum for the program.
I figure if this works out good for the maker, volume will increase over time.
I will set this up for you Mike and send you a note with instructions.

Mark,
I received my package today and am VERY pleased with the scales..

Your the man!

a quick review.
If you havnt used Burl source/its a burl, yet. I will say this..
The wood is better looking then the pics.. :happy1:
Easy to navigate web site. and check out. :thumbsup:
Fast shipping with email confirmations. :EDance2:

I will be ordering again and more often. :happymug:

Thanks!

I have never had any better wood than what i have gotten from Mark. His stuff IS the top shelf stuff....Plus he is a great guy... that never hurts :)

Can't wait to see the crazy lookin maple burl I purchased from you yesterday.

Back