• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB WESTERN MARKO TSOURKAN

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marc4pt0

Reaction score
Going through some old photos and came across some older pics of various western handle Marko blades I once had. I couple I've sold or traded, and another I used as the grand prize for our annual chili cook off at one of our locations. My buddy actually won it and is So in love with it he went and got a tattoo of it on his arm. Now That's love.

Anywho, looking for a western handle Marko as I kind of miss this style of his. I'm also open to his d-handle pointy KS style if someone is looking to chat.
Size wise I'm looking for 220 to 240mm.

Hopefully I can shake the trees hard enough.

Thanks

@marc4pt0

Mind sharing the photo of the chili champ prize Tsourkan? Is that possible?

Here's the link to thread I bought the knife from:

https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/threads/marko-tsourkan-225-western-aeb-l-with-custom-saya.29549/

Here's a pic:

20191130_212538.jpg

And here's my buddy's tattoo of it:

IMG_8217.jpg

Yes, tattoo. He's won the chili cook off the past 3 years. The Marko was from his first win.

Where can I enter this chili cook off, I mean if Marko’s are the prize....

I know of two things that will happen:

1. People will wonder why the tattoo has the makers emblem on the wrong side of the blade (or does marko have the makers mark on both sides?)
2. Alterwissers inbox will blow up with people asking if he still has those knives and how much does he want
:)

Marko has Maker's mark on both sides. And some have no mark.

And Alterwisser is in Ireland, so the cost of shipping (as I understand it) is very cost prohibitive. He was planning to come back stateside in March (iirc), but plans I suspect have changed for obvious reasons?

My buddy actually won it and is So in love with it he went and got a tattoo of it on his arm.

Sorry for the segue but your buddy has the strangest looking "arm" I have seen in a while ... he should get it looked at his wrist looks broken ... or did you get a matching lower leg tattoo?

GLW Your Search senor ~ if I had one (in a western) you know I would offer it up ...

And Alterwisser is in Ireland, so the cost of shipping (as I understand it) is very cost prohibitive. He was planning to come back stateside in March (iirc), but plans I suspect have changed for obvious reasons?
Westerns => makers mark on left. Wa => on right. I asked Marko about this convention several years ago.

I wonder if it's always been like that and perhaps some slipped through the cracks?

IMG_20191121_164451_258.jpg

Yes, I noticed that too which was why I asked Marko. Clearly its not a strictly adhered to convention.

I also (now) recall a period when he was doing a more affordable ready- made line and the makers mark was on a specific side to denote this certain line.

One thing for sure is he's a talented maker

trip was cancelled cause our friends that we were supposed to stay with all came down with the ‘Rona....

shipping from ireland is not a problem of cost, but rather insurance: apparently the private carriers like DHL are not allowed to ship out knives and the Irish Post only lets me insure packages to the US up to €30 (no joke!)

Back