What’s with the BST raining unicorns lately?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I especially enjoy the people trying to sell clapped out honyaki or what’s left of them for three to four times of their original price.

Where? Haven't seen any of that personally
Mainly made by a smith starting with O.

Used honyaki for 1000 or more is questionable in my book, be the BST market price whatever it may.

Opinions may differ but I feel like the first and main hype was already a few years ago and people aren’t collecting honyaki as they used to. I remember people saying honyaki as a product would vanish with the last generation of mystic masters who still know the old ways. Nope, more honyaki than ever before.

Used honyaki for 1000 or more is questionable in my book, be the BST market price whatever it may.

Opinions may differ but I feel like the first and main hype was already a few years ago and people aren’t collecting honyaki as they used to. I remember people saying honyaki as a product would vanish with the last generation of mystic masters who still know the old ways. Nope, more honyaki than ever before.
Why is there a set limit to used honyaki being over $1000? I have a blue 1 Togashi honyaki, and a white 1 sharpened by morihiro. No way in hell I would sell those for close to $1000 lol. Same with ashi honyaki, and other desirables.

Regardless, good thing is most stuff in the B/S/T is priced very well imo.

What specifically are you talking about? Honyaki like them or not are as popular today as a few years back especially by some makers and even more so if not made by these makers anymore. The whole premise confuses me, but maybe I've missed something on bst lately.

Why is there a set limit to used honyaki being over $1000? I have a blue 1 Togashi honyaki, and a white 1 sharpened by morihiro. No way in hell I would sell those for close to $1000 lol. Same with ashi honyaki, and other desirables.

Regardless, good thing is most stuff in the B/S/T is priced very well imo.
I am not talking about BNIB collector pieces, I am talking about heavily scratched up and refinished or heavily used and sharpened knives that were bought used from Japan.

An unused or lightly used ashi honyaki? Pay whatever you like and enjoy. Clapped out okishiba prison shiv for 800? You got got.

I'm still looking (in vain apparently) for that honyaki kiritsuki dammy petty to complete my collection. With the burned chestnut handle of course for utility.

Back