What are the cool kids using for knife rolls these days.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check out Korin, Dexter Russel, JB Prince, Previn etc.

edit: what they said ;)

I like the Korin ones, but if you've got a lot of knives already, it's hard to beat the value of this six-piece set from Cangshan, especially if you qualify for free Prime shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
You cans also get leather ones from Darkhardt, this one (for my kato workhorse) was custom made from a tracing as a test… turned out very well and didn’t involve shipping my knives and waiting a long time.

IMG_2088.jpg

You cans also get leather ones from Darkhardt, this one (for my kato workhorse) was custom made from a tracing as a test… turned out very well and didn’t involve shipping my knives and waiting a long time.

View attachment 43346
Something like that would make a lot of sense for the forschner boning knife the OP probably uses.

Reactions: jai
Boy this thread got legs quick. At work had own drawer under my cutting station. Had couple thousand dollars worth of Yanagiba's, Gyuto's, sugi's in a Global bag. Liked it because has tight elastic pockets instead of the looser ones. Cheap carbon cleavers , whips, other tools kept in the large stainless drawer.

When first started teaching after I retired, used a Ultimate Edge bag to carry stones, diamond plates, knives etc. from home to the school. That went out the door quickly as I perma soak my stones at the school & store a tool box with plates, bar keepers friend, mineral oil & other stuff all at the school.

Even bought a nice black leather Boldric 14 pocket bag. Made in India not by Hindu's, Muslim in Madras run leather industry. It is well made, under stated it looks good too. Still do not even use it now as I've streamlined my teaching don't need that much bag. My same old cheap Global tight roll work bag is what I've used last few years.

Boy Suita those are some very cool bags. Why not put your fine knives in a nice bag. :)

Back