Quantcast

What are we listening to lately?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

DrEriksson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I've heard that before. Shame James can't sing anymore, and Lars and Kirk forgot how to play their instruments.
I actually think that James has done some great performances recently, but he's not consistent. However, as a Metallica fan myself, I know that it's a battle of "who started disliking them first". I draw the line at No life 'til Leather. Everything after that is just them selling out. ;-)

MarcelNL

Supporting Member
Reaction score
my interest in hard rock/metal was never high, I like some Rammstein songs but that is it...this is a Nina Hagen cover of their Seemann;

saw her live quite often in her days with Brood, brilliant powerful stuff!

martinezz

Reaction score
I have just found that speedmetal is a thing. I have listened to punk for many years, lately listened to lot thrashmetal like 80s Metallica, which is really great but I think I will like speedmetal even more.

M1k3

Ni!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have just found that speedmetal is a thing. I have listened to punk for many years, lately listened to lot thrashmetal like 80s Metallica, which is really great but I think I will like speedmetal even more.
Do you like DRI?

Lars

Founding Member
Reaction score
I once recorded a demo for a black metal band. By far the fastest drum patterns I ever heard.

juice

Awaiting my Dalman
Reaction score
"Look how fast my kick drum patterns are!"

"Your song is arse, though"

"Look how fast my kick drum patterns are!"

juice

Awaiting my Dalman
Reaction score
Oh sure, it fits the target market, not denying that. But it's like being an athlete pretending to do art.

M1k3

Ni!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh sure, it fits the target market, not denying that. But it's like being an athlete pretending to do art.
Surprised you're not more pro The Berzerker. They're your fellow countrymen and drum machine of unknown origin to me.

juice

Awaiting my Dalman
Reaction score
Surprised you're not more pro The Berzerker. They're your fellow countrymen and drum machine of unknown origin to me.
Honestly, I like or don't like stuff based on whether I like it or don't like it, not where it came from. Nationalism is for chumps. Also, the drum machine is certainly foreign 🙃

M1k3

Ni!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I like or don't like stuff based on whether I like it or don't like it, not where it came from. Nationalism is for chumps. Also, the drum machine is certainly foreign 🙃
I wasn't fan of Silverchair either.

AT5760

Reaction score
I have to admit, bluegrass is a guilty pleasure of mine
If you want to branch out slightly from bluegrass and try some newer stuff, check out The Carolina Chocolate Drops, The Wailin' Jennys, The Steeldrivers (both pre- and post- Chris Stapleton), or Tyler Childers. None of them are Flatt & Scruggs or Ralph Stanley, but all put out some great music.

RockyBasel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I went to the Rhône Alps in France for the weekend - attended a small dinner party with a group of French friends overlooking a lake. Amazing small batch cheeses with local biodynamic wine. They played this bluesy, Mali blind couple song. Je Pense A toi by amadou and Mariam while we laughed, drank wine, and ate good food

We drove there, 3.5 hours,

RockyBasel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
some Dj Krush:
My favorite CD - I had a friend get me this CD from Japan last month so I can listen to it -especially when driving. Spotify does not have it, neither I tunes - I discovered a while back, buts still good today as it was back then

It’s an awesome CD!!!!

MarcelNL

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He made plenty great CDs! probably in my top 10 list of 'modern music', together with Em:t

M1k3

Ni!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dedicated to Kosuke-san

KJDedge

Reaction score
Looking for some recommendations for Alt-Country bands..
ones I like are Drive by Truckers...Whisky Meyers... Tournpike troubadours...Cody Jinks..among many others....name some you guys love...