What are we listening to lately?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
weather is getting better today and onwards :)

for now I'm listening to this, getting real close to reality after the umpteenth iteration of the tweeter filter and positioning;

We need to have a thread about your speakers, system and diy audio in general.

Funny you are playing Dire Straits.. Hadn't heard them in perhaps 2 decades until last week, when Sultans of Swing popped up in one of my spotify daily mixes..

Funny you are playing Dire Straits.. Hadn't heard them in perhaps 2 decades until last week, when Sultans of Swing popped up in one of my spotify daily mixes..
I was so into them when I was younger. Then I dumped my vinyl years ago and didn't rebuy their stuff until recently. I just got Alchemy Live Parts one and two today and it's just great!

Yeah same here.. As in I used to listen to them quite regularly a long long time ago..

Past couple of days really into another 90s gem, besides the Mazzy Star I had posted before. Whole album is good. This song: sounds so fresh wouldn't have been surprised if it had come out this year.

I saw Tim Buckley live in the summer of 1969(?) at a sparsely attended gig at the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago. The Aragon typically booked three acts that each did a set and then repeated the sequence. Buckley was the nominal opener (with the electric guitar, bass, conga trio he recorded with) and after his set he came out and sat in the audience immediately behind me to listen to the other bands (Linda Ronstadt with the Corvettes and Mac Rebennack/Dr John in full gris-gris Night Tripper regalia). We only spoke briefly but he seemed like a very nice and unassuming guy. One of the many major talents that died way too young in the 1970s.

I saw Tim Buckley live in the summer of 1969(?) at a sparsely attended gig at the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago. The Aragon typically booked three acts that each did a set and then repeated the sequence. Buckley was the nominal opener (with the electric guitar, bass, conga trio he recorded with) and after his set he came out and sat in the audience immediately behind me to listen to the other bands (Linda Ronstadt with the Corvettes and Mac Rebennack/Dr John in full gris-gris Night Tripper regalia). We only spoke briefly but he seemed like a very nice and unassuming guy. One of the many major talents that died way too young in the 1970s.
Must have been a wonderful time to be alive and kicking! My claim to fame is seeing Michael Jackson in a big stadium mid 80s.. Anyway, being younger we need to rely on the internet to educate us on older music. I’ve never really known lots of Bob Dylan songs, but I’m also active on another forum and one of the guys there often quotes Dylan lyrics in replies. That brought me to this gem:

I've seen some great concerts and missed a few that I kick myself for: saw Charles Mingus, saw Sun Ra several times, saw Ornette both with the Old and New Dreams band and with Prime Time, saw Last Exit, saw Howlin' Wolf when still healthy, saw Mississippi Fred McDowell (great!), saw Bruce Springsteen in a 1,400 seat hall touring in support of his second album, Bob Marley with the Wailers and the I-Three), the Who (Who's Next tour), Prince in a club, lots more ... Some of the best concerts weren't the most famous artists.

I missed Jimi Hendrix, the Stones (passed on seeing them in the early '70s [Mick Taylor band] because I didn't like the venue [mistake]), the Band, Leonard Cohen (don't remember why I passed, another huge mistake), Tom Waits (yet another mistake), Bob Dylan, Miles Davis (very late career so not a gigantic loss), Muddy Waters, early Fleetwood Mac with fully functional Peter Green (same night as the Tim Buckley gig), Tommy Flanagan, ...

Great expectations and notably awful: Jefferson Airplane (very loose and out of tune) and Van Morrison (I love his late '60s early '70s recordings but he has turned into a sad old crank).

I've seen some great concerts and missed a few that I kick myself for: saw Charles Mingus, saw Sun Ra several times, saw Ornette both with the Old and New Dreams band and with Prime Time, saw Last Exit, saw Howlin' Wolf when still healthy, saw Mississippi Fred McDowell (great!), saw Bruce Springsteen in a 1,400 seat hall touring in support of his second album, Bob Marley with the Wailers and the I-Three), the Who (Who's Next tour), Prince in a club, lots more ... Some of the best concerts weren't the most famous artists.

I missed Jimi Hendrix, the Stones (passed on seeing them in the early '70s [Mick Taylor band] because I didn't like the venue [mistake]), the Band, Leonard Cohen (don't remember why I passed, another huge mistake), Tom Waits (yet another mistake), Bob Dylan, Miles Davis (very late career so not a gigantic loss), Muddy Waters, early Fleetwood Mac with fully functional Peter Green (same night as the Tim Buckley gig), Tommy Flanagan, ...

Great expectations and notably awful: Jefferson Airplane (very loose and out of tune) and Van Morrison (I love his late '60s early '70s recordings but he has turned into a sad old crank).
Very cool..!

i almost never cry buty wehen listening to this is i do. this isd the deepest shjit from here or at least the most emotional.
in swedish of course.

YouTube watch?v=ktl9NL43gUg
remove the empty space. io cant even see this from my own country somehow. impossible to post simply plain text links here.
marie fredriksson - ännu doftar kärlek. look it up on youtube.

Last edited:
moving on!

blast from the very near past.

not this one though

love this one. norwgian.

classic us tune. neverending too.

so lets listen to some banging ****.
one of my favs from the early 2000's. lovely lyrics here. before it was popular. way way before.
but e was popular. and we all love that right.

some hard banging club tuines:

guy j! and henry saiz. give me a bag of blow and i'm happy at least. dont forget to turn up the vol to 11.

some slower ****. still very good though

Last edited:
ultra good tune here. god daaaamn! it has etched itself into my brain. and i cant get it out.

ralph myerz - think twice

Latest posts

Back