What are we listening to lately?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A while ago I stumbled upon Meute. The German/EU members of KKF are likely to know about them.

I really like their concept of a "techno marching band". These are nice covers:

Hey @Garner Harrison. Check it out on your new set-up (if you are a bass-head). Those cats really like the low end - a baritone sax, a bass sax and a sousaphone (~100Hz?)!

These guys would rock in a small venue. I think it would be a visceral experience.

:)

@Luftmensch Man! These would sound so good if these headphones had better bass cause I'm loving it even with the rolled off bass I have with these cans.

Hearing them live would be an experience for sure! :party:

I am glad you enjoyed it.

I am a shameless bass lover... Not so much the thumping electronic drum kind as the standing wave type. The "techno marching band" concept is a nice cross-over.

I've been holding off from appearing in your Audiophile journey thread... I would love to get some better cans - despite dreaming about upgrading my stereo set-up. Headphones are just more practical right now. I am sure my headphones are significantly more s****y than yours!

I am a shameless bass lover...

I recently just gave in and brought a pair of HE4xx from Drop cause I wanted top hear that planar slam. Ill make sure to give it a relisten when those arrive :D

I think headphones are there to play music and if you enjoy the music who cares what you own! And you can get great sounding music for cheap these days, just look out for those bargains ;)

Edit: I also made that thread not to flex audio gear but just hear about how everyone enjoys the hobby, maybe I chose the wrong name since there are strong feelings attached to the "Audiophile" label.

One of the best songs ever written, no really;) listen to the lyrics. Hey it's got Emmylou Harris and Bonnie Raitt. The Waiting for Columbus version is better...

I'm gettin green like i'm sposed to

Havent heard that for ages... Such a distinctive voice!

To my thug ****** in lock down

appropriate... ;)

I'm just a rich mother****** from the way

... yet 6pac apparently doesn't have money for shirts? 😋 (... Im just jealous)

Clearly Dre liked that square/sawtooth base riff:

and now for something completely different. (and completely bad ass!)

umberto running blade and, red dawn!

set phazors to full blast!

^^^ you two would like this, I think. I posted a link to this video in the Audiophile thread yesterday - great performance and stupidly good recording (so much so that some in the audio industry are tired of hearing it at trade shows and in demo rooms).

i know most people dont do drugs and such.
but now is a good time to start! maybe the best of times even.

fukk yeah!

Last edited:
you gonna need a potent rig for this one. the intro ends at about 3min in.

this is so ****ing hard banging i cant believe it was made in 1984. almost nothing today is this banging. and i think i know the secret. there were no compressors. just analog gear straight into the mixer. (actual) dynamic range....
fhuuuuuuck me :)

scotch - delerio mind

-----------

haim - falling (duke dumont)

broods - bridges

and this one, from russia with love. really banging too i might add. i dont know what club that would play this but it would be in berlin for sure.
berlin is nice. they have the baddest ass clubs. you would not believe :) and you can "do" whatever you want once inside. no ****.
and this is what makes them the best. because they have the best crowds. the real party people. i was there 2 years ago and met a guy wearing only a bath robe and sunglasses on the dance floor. totally normal there. :)

xenia beliayeva - music

so i was visiting one of my best friends in oslo back in 2010 or so for a week. we were out doing "everything" on tuesday night and we get home at 6 or so. and he plays me this. god damn. and its still good today.

La Roux- Quicksand (Mad Descent Alternate Southern Rmx 2)

:)
Lana Del Rey - BLUE JEANS Subb-An Remix
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNyqW7eP7GY

getting ****ing wasted here so i'll post a prodigy series.

no good/ 3kilos/ smack my ***** up/ serial thrilla

Back