What are we listening to lately?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The recent best selling song in France, but then remixed by a bunch of Italians. :) Don't you love being European.. I feel like I'm driving around Vele di Scampia in a Gomorra episode!

Did I mention I used to be a dj and love all kinds of music? This summer I discovered a beautiful 80s album by The Cocteau Twins: Victorialand. I had always known and liked their best selling album Heaven and Las Vegas but apart from a few songs I couldn’t listen to the whole album in one go. Victorialand is different.

Last edited:
I like Tebaldi, but more so in a combination with Jussi Björling then with Bergonzi. I don't know what it is exactly is what makes Callas so more moving, is it the effortlesness, the reach, the diction, the passion, force , or the combination of it all. I'm a fan, not of all her work though.

On a second note; I think Tebaldi is a bit too much of a 'well schooled voice' for me, very technically correct and a beautiful sound, it's that little extra pezzazz, that emotion from inside coming through I'm probably missing.

Last edited:
This opened my eyes a bit

Edit: reposted a version with a bit less of a language warning.

Having done that, if you can cope with a bit of language (not much, really), the Melbourne Comedy Show version is definitely funnier.

Last edited:
Talking about Cutting Crew and timeless 80s classics.. So, as I listen a lot to this Italian hit radio usually they have around 20% of their songs being classics. It’s funny because I often hear well known songs but never really thought of them as stone cold classics but here they are sounding absolutely timeless and still ‘modern’ amongst todays pop songs. Prime example here:

I recently stumbled upon Polyphia and “New Levels New Devils” has been running hard on the job. Like to have instrumental, as vocals interfere with my writing and reading. A few Buckethead pikes have also been on repeat (links below).

Otherwise, best at the moment: Mastodon - Cold Dark Place LP.

Parquet Courts, Idles, and Sleaford Mods have stayed in constant rotation for a good chunk of time now.

Scary Pockets doing funk covers of everything from pop to punk has been a real joy, but the Black Hole Sun they just released is really stellar

Back