What are we listening to lately?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I've heard that before. Shame James can't sing anymore, and Lars and Kirk forgot how to play their instruments.

I actually think that James has done some great performances recently, but he's not consistent. However, as a Metallica fan myself, I know that it's a battle of "who started disliking them first". I draw the line at No life 'til Leather. Everything after that is just them selling out. ;-)

I actually think that James has done some great performances recently, but he's not consistent. However, as a Metallica fan myself, I know that it's a battle of "who started disliking them first". I draw the line at No life 'til Leather. Everything after that is just them selling out. ;-)
#Alcoholica

my interest in hard rock/metal was never high, I like some Rammstein songs but that is it...this is a Nina Hagen cover of their Seemann;

saw her live quite often in her days with Brood, brilliant powerful stuff!

I have just found that speedmetal is a thing. I have listened to punk for many years, lately listened to lot thrashmetal like 80s Metallica, which is really great but I think I will like speedmetal even more.

I once recorded a demo for a black metal band. By far the fastest drum patterns I ever heard.

Surprised you're not more pro The Berzerker. They're your fellow countrymen and drum machine of unknown origin to me.
Honestly, I like or don't like stuff based on whether I like it or don't like it, not where it came from. Nationalism is for chumps. Also, the drum machine is certainly foreign 🙃

I have to admit, bluegrass is a guilty pleasure of mine

If you want to branch out slightly from bluegrass and try some newer stuff, check out The Carolina Chocolate Drops, The Wailin' Jennys, The Steeldrivers (both pre- and post- Chris Stapleton), or Tyler Childers. None of them are Flatt & Scruggs or Ralph Stanley, but all put out some great music.

So, I went to the Rhône Alps in France for the weekend - attended a small dinner party with a group of French friends overlooking a lake. Amazing small batch cheeses with local biodynamic wine. They played this bluesy, Mali blind couple song. Je Pense A toi by amadou and Mariam while we laughed, drank wine, and ate good food

We drove there, 3.5 hours,

some Dj Krush:

My favorite CD - I had a friend get me this CD from Japan last month so I can listen to it -especially when driving. Spotify does not have it, neither I tunes - I discovered a while back, buts still good today as it was back then

It’s an awesome CD!!!!

Looking for some recommendations for Alt-Country bands..
ones I like are Drive by Truckers...Whisky Meyers... Tournpike troubadours...Cody Jinks..among many others....name some you guys love...

Latest posts

Back