What are we listening to lately?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The beast is ready, well the concept is, initial impression after finding the mono button on the amp: WOW
seamless integration of the full bandwidth with effortless punchy low end and very natural mids.
So for now I'll be listening to everything I already listened to, and some more

20201018_150929.jpg

Last edited:
The beast is ready, well the concept is, initial impression after finding the mono button on the amp: WOW
seamless integration of the full bandwidth with effortless punchy low end and very natural mids.

View attachment 99261
:D

View attachment 99261
What is the material in front of the speakers, foam?

in front of the speaker on the lower flat of the horn I have put some PE acoustic material that will go in the back of the thing later once I have tinkered enough with the flare material, felt, cork whatever lining is needed/best. JUst to kill some reflections.

The great news is that there is none of the usual/often seen honkiness with this horn flare.

Just rolled back into Portland Oregon last night (moving back from Vermont), and after listening to podcasts most of the way, I threw on Beck's Midnight Vultures. I haven't played it in years, but this party-funk dance album will probably always be my favorite Beck album...

albeit in Mono, due to lack of a second Trionor (rather the space to put it), mesmerizing sounds, great singer,

and a guilty pleasure; Roger Waters;

for a moment I thought he was sitting in our kitchen...this speaker has potential.

Last edited:
and again everything and some more, now in reverse to avoid it getting boring...just built an I2S input in my DAC, WOW what a difference...

Alt+J - An Awesome Wave

What a stupid ****ing year...

If you want to branch out slightly from bluegrass and try some newer stuff, check out The Carolina Chocolate Drops, The Wailin' Jennys, The Steeldrivers (both pre- and post- Chris Stapleton), or Tyler Childers. None of them are Flatt & Scruggs or Ralph Stanley, but all put out some great music.

Would agree that there's a good amount of compelling new Bluegrass.

Ive been very impressed with Punch Brothers, Molly Tuttle, Chris Eldridge, Chris Thile, Sarah Jarosz and Sarah Watkins both have good solo work out.

Though I will say that I'm still waiting for something with the impact of that old Tony Rice classic Church Street Blues. I had a period of intense interest in the genre, and even had an OM-28 (which is a fairly big guitar for someone my size lol)

But tonight Im listening to this Babayan record from a few months ago yet again. I really, really love this record, though I'm biased because he did some Prokofiev with Martha Argerich, and in my estimation that gets you a free pass. Though I will say this work doesn't need it, this is an INTENSELY good bit of playing, IMO.

71OQgXx4PfL._SL1400_.jpg

I realize I have benefitted from not being alive when several bands were on the radio. I bet if I heard this every day on repeat at the mall or something I'd hate it as much as people seem to myself too. But, I really do love The Beegees, whether it's the earlier stuff or even some of the Disco work

listening to everything already listened to again, now with a Klangfilm tube amp, WOW.

Last edited:
Back