What are we listening to lately?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This tune used to be a rare killer, a prized white label to jealously guard and wheel out for special occasions. And then it came out on limited release vinyl a few years ago to celebrate thone wonderful sessions at the Africa Centre, which seemed fair enough. And now it’s on youtube, where every tom, dick and Harry can get hold of it.

Progress eh. Still love this tune mind.

RIP Biz Markie. The light relief in the Juice Crew and a big part of my childhood years

Forgotten how good the video for this number is. The rumours are that Biz never intended to sing this chorus - nobody apparently turned up to the studio sessions - but fair to say that he embraced the bad singing with the Mozart costume in the vid.

RIP again fella.

Today, listening and saying goodbye to an icon of the rock world, mine at least, RIP Dusty Hill
Definitely another sad loss. I've been exposing my son to them the last few weeks, as he is learning to play guitar. Dusty died the day my son flew with my mom to her house in Texas, of all places.

But here is what we were playing the day before, to annoy my mom -- who is originally from NJ and lived the majority of her adult life near DC:

Ah-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na!
Bom-bom-bom, bom-bom-bom-pahbom -bom - vra-vra-vra, Cause-and-action!
And ah, Bom-bom-bom -
Bom-bom-bom-bom-bom - vra-vra-vra - Cause-and-action!

As a teenager in the early 2000s, I was big on a lot of the independent/punk music coming out of Gainesville, Florida (No Idea Records). I own this album on vinyl and re-discovered it when we moved back to North Carolina a few years ago and I was able to reclaim my records from my mom's house. I always loved this track and I think it's cool how the digitization of music has allowed some of these lesser known bands/albums/songs to be preserved:

(I expect there are a lot of 20 year-old nostalgia/memory lane trips going on currently...)

Last edited:
Back