What are we listening to lately?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah i have to admit it that was not a very serious song for me to post. hey what can i say.

but here i will post some ultra serious ones. maybe they're even too serious. why knows. as always i like to listen at "full blast" and that happens to be like 110-140dB or so spl. depending on what amp is currently not fried. :) they all fry sooner or later.

at least some more serious ****.. you know.

and that last one reminds me of this mother of ****n god bad ass tune. the db edit...
yeah. nuff said here i guess. just listen. play it through.
when my mixer i hitting the red leds i know it means it fukn good!

so god damn awesome tune. old gold. pet shop boys produces this one.

but not this one. i promise. this is from denmark. i remember hearing this one for the first time. must have been 2011-2 or so. its was on nrk p3. norwegian state radio. i was working overtime and it was like 7-8 in the evening. i just had to stop working and just listen. they were playing new ****, mostly club stuff but somehow this one made it through. i know why now. it took like a year or 2 before this even showed up on youtube. i wrote it down and searched for it every month or so. it payed off. i think this version is better than the radio one.

also from denmark.

i fukn love denmark. why dont i live in denmark? why not just fuking go there and just exist? yeah thats a good question. that i dont know the answer to.
i guess we can all agree they do some **** juuust right. yeah. no?

this is definitely not from denmark. and its its awsome. and the women were more fukable somehow.

Like this?

much better! but that guy is singing out of tune most of the song. i guess its the downside with real live stuff. they cant really sing. or play.
i dont thin k i would have done much better though so maybe i should just stfu.

This was written in the 1920s by Blind Alfred Reed but somehow seemed appropriate.
Young Ryland Cooder (with a young Jim Keltner on drums)

Old Ry Cooder This is a partial re-write of a song generally attributed to Rev. Robert Wilkins again from the early 20th C

For those of you who don't follow C&W music. The Bakersfield (CA) Sound was sort of an antidote to the Countrypolitan Sound coming out of Nashville in the 1960s and '70s (lots of rather syrupy material and string arrangements). The Bakersfield Sound was rougher, closer to honky-tonk of the 1950s. Buck Owens and Merle Haggard were the most famous Bakerfield artists. Ralph Mooney played pedal steel for both of them as well as Waylon Jennings.

Last edited:
Growing up in Cajun County in the 60s and 70s, here is something from the early 70s you probably never heard before.

For all you Moody Blues fans, here is the original "Go Now" by Bessie Banks.

Back