What are we watching lately?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw the new Jumanji movie. Big fan of Karen Gillan from her days as a companion of the Dr, Dr Who that is). Fun movie I will watch again once it's streaming.

Haven't watched anything other than King of the Hill reruns inna while but Im anxious and excited for the X Files season 11 episode 1 to air tonight.

Not a huge fan of the re-boot so far but I'm just happy that Anderson and Duchovny are reunited on TV once again...the greatest love story that never was.

Longmire; Netflix series about a sheriff in Wyoming - about as far from the city Jewish culture as you can get and so really interesting. I'm mostly reading the books though.

Really liked Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy directed by Thomas Alfredson (based on the John Le Carré book). Not really a new movie, but the newer ones didn't impress me so far.

Rented the Blue-ray for Guardians of the Galaxy 2 on Netflix for the big projector, and it was fine. My wife loved it, and I'm never sure how she'll react to big budget cartoons like this. Looking forward to the new Blade Runner when it's out for home formats. We also re-watched "The Prestige" which is a great movie, and that means I have to re-read the book again, which is different from the movie but equally good.

Just saw A Ghost Story and I must say that I highly enjoyed it. A very poignant experience.

Re-watched The Thin Red Line last night (after watching the new X Files episode obviously) and WOW is all I have to say. A war movie about humanity with a great cast, introspective script and a killer Hans Zimmer score. Haven't seen it since it's release in '98 and let's just say I understand it as a totally different film now.

Re-watched The Thin Red Line last night (after watching the new X Files episode obviously) and WOW is all I have to say. A war movie about humanity with a great cast, introspective script and a killer Hans Zimmer score. Haven't seen it since it's release in '98 and let's just say I understand it as a totally different film now.

I'm kinda sad Malick's new releases aren't near the level of what he did with Thin Red Line.

Something (relatively) new from Ghibli that was actually great in the feelings, not just visuals. Wow.

[video=youtube;PZq4uuMP8ss]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZq4uuMP8ss[/video]

Das Boot and Thin Red Line are a couple of my favorite war flicks. Both are masterpieces

I saw The Death of Stalin two weeks ago. Extremely funny, but had some seriously nerve wracking moments as well. What's even more funny is it getting banned in Russia. I really enjoyed it a lot and will be getting it on Blu-Ray.

I also went and saw Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri. While I still think In Bruges is the best thing McDonagh has done to date, the acting in this was superb. Sam Rockwell and Frances McDormand in particular. The writing was a little bit predictable in the end, but great stuff nonetheless. I hated the CGI deer. Damn that was distracting.

Being a history/military nerd I'm itching to see 12 Strong even tho I know the true story of the pre-invasion of Afghanistan in the Tora Bora mountains (known as the "Super Bowl" of special operations) will be butchered by Hollywood. Will report back.

Dunkirk was such a big disappointment. Darkest hour however is a good movie with a great performance by Oldman.

Back