what are you drinking tonight?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a founders backwoods bastard. Good but nowhere near as good as a founders curmudgeons better half maple bourbon barrel ale.

20190111_215121.jpg

my brother in law gave me this bottle ; he is a good man. the Zalto 'sweet wine' glass that i received just today works quite nicely with this mezcal.

Eisch whisky glass. My fav style bar none but so fragile

Macallan Edition #4 and Balvenie 21 Portwood (probably my worst whisky buy) this evening

Yes my favorite myself and yes very fragile [emoji51]

I’m so over all the marketing BS of the different distilleries and have been buying only IBs the last 4 years.

I’ve been buying mostly SMWS since last year.

Yes my favorite myself and yes very fragile [emoji51]

I’m so over all the marketing BS of the different distilleries and have been buying only IBs the last 4 years.

I’ve been buying mostly SMWS since last year.

Some distillery bottling's are still worthy buys. Springbank/Longrow comes to mind. Glen Garioch, Deanston, Glen Scotia and Glengoyne are putting out some genuinely nice bottles too. I just picked up Glengoynes Teapot dram #6, which is getting some rave reviews. Its distillery only bottling but can be purchased through their online storefront.

I refuse to buy another Macallan or Balvenie.

btw I just picked up two more Eisch whisky glasses and they are noticeably thicker glass and stem. Maybe too many breakages forced them to redesign the later production runs. The newer ones are not as refined or balanced :( so take care of the ones you have.

Some distillery bottling's are still worthy buys. Springbank/Longrow comes to mind. Glen Garioch, Deanston, Glen Scotia and Glengoyne are putting out some genuinely nice bottles too. I just picked up Glengoynes Teapot dram #6, which is getting some rave reviews. Its distillery only bottling but can be purchased through their online storefront.

Yes I got some Glen Scotias bottled for the Cambeltown festival last year and it was really good.
IMG_6932.jpg

^^^ Whisky Wednesdays 2018 Single Malt of the year, so it must be good. And cask strength. Whats not to love.

btw I just picked up two more Eisch whisky glasses and they are noticeably thicker glass and stem. Maybe too many breakages forced them to redesign the later production runs. The newer ones are not as refined or balanced :( so take care of the ones you have.

Same here, wouldn’t buy a Yamazaki, Hibiki or Macallan because I knoe there are a lot of better and cheaper options.

Yes, I have another spare glass. Have you tried a Luigi Bormioli snifter or a Lehmann? Both are good, a Brand Ambassador friend have been praising the Lehmann snifter as being the best. I have a couple of Luigi Bormiolis coming in.

Same here, wouldn’t buy a Yamazaki, Hibiki or Macallan because I knoe there are a lot of better and cheaper options.

Yes, I have another spare glass. Have you tried a Luigi Bormioli snifter or a Lehmann? Both are good, a Brand Ambassador friend have been praising the Lehmann snifter as being the best. I have a couple of Luigi Bormiolis coming in.
The Lehmann has a similar bowl shape to the Eisch, but I think I prefer the Eisch tulip lip. How does the weight compare? The very thin stem on the Eisch lends itself to rotating the whisky in the glass when sniffing. Never gelled with the clunky glencairn.

The Lehmann has a similar bowl shape to the Eisch, but I think I prefer the Eisch tulip lip. How does the weight compare? The very thin stem on the Eisch lends itself to rotating the whisky in the glass when sniffing. Never gelled with the clunky glencairn.

I haven’t had the chance to hold a Lehmann, but believe its the one that SMWS uses for their stemmed glasses.

The Luigi Bormioli snifter is very nice to hold, shape like a Glencairn with a stem.

I'm drinking Springbank 12yo Single Cask Burgundy (1 of 252 bottles of which I picked up 3) this evening. One of Whisky in the 6, top 5 bottles for 2018. I really like SB and Longrows red wine matured releases. I also have a truly exceptional Longrow 9 yo Sauternes, which just goes to show put good spirit in good casks and you don';t need an inordinate amount of maturation.

unfortunately, I already know about the counterfeit ones from first hand experience.:( No worries, I now run eminent technology air bearing arms--so no more headshells!

Let me guess... an Ebay seller from Hong Kong?

I also have one [emoji34]

I'm drinking Springbank 12yo Single Cask Burgundy (1 of 252 bottles of which I picked up 3) this evening. One of Whisky in the 6, top 5 bottles for 2018. I really like SB and Longrows red wine matured releases. I also have a truly exceptional Longrow 9 yo Sauternes, which just goes to show put good spirit in good casks and you don';t need an inordinate amount of maturation.

I'm a big Springbank fan. A few years ago, my wife got me one of their single cask releases (Oloroso Sherry Butt). I still think about that whisky.

Back