what are you drinking tonight?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Negroni with the vermouth split with Zucca, rye substituted for gin 😁 , splash of sparkling water, and greenish homegrown lemon peel.
I like to play around with the proportions, and different vermouths/amaros, but never thought of substituting the gin entirely. I love the green, herbaceous flavor it adds to the otherwise woody/citrusy ingredients. But you've piqued my interest - will have to try that out.

I like to play around with the proportions, and different vermouths/amaros, but never thought of substituting the gin entirely. I love the green, herbaceous flavor it adds to the otherwise woody/citrusy ingredients. But you've piqued my interest - will have to try that out.
I certainly like what gin brings to the drink and never thought about swapping it out until @ethompson posted a 'Kingston Negroni' further up in this thread and I tried it and liked it. Then I tried a mezcal version at a bar and liked that too. Seems like a pretty versatile formula! I have some Old Duff 100% malt wine genever, might try that in a negroni soon.

Manhattan Goes Hollywood:

45094837qy.jpeg

I usually go 2oz absinthe, 1/2 oz simple, and one small lime wedge in a shaker with a lot of cracked ice. Shake hard, remove lime wedge, dump ice and drink into glass. Top with soda and garnish with a ton of mint. Optional, if you’re feeling frisky, a floater of peychauds.

Last edited:
I usually go 2oz absinthe, 1/2 oz simple, and one small lime wedge in a shaker witch cracked ice. Shake hard, remove lime wedge, dump ice and drink into glass. Top with soda and garnish with a ton of mint. Optional if you’re feeling frisky a floater of peychauds.
That sounds pretty tasty, I'll give it a try either tonight or tomorrow :) btw I did order two bottles of the Singani, but they haven't arrived yet. I wait anxiously

I’m catering for 825 in the morning, believe me I’m having one of these right after
Oof I don't envy you for that haha.

I like it, it's pretty refreshing and isn't too strong. Only thing I did different was I muddled the lime wedge and added a 1/4 oz of lime juice. I will be making a second here shortly haha

Gin several types of Gin. Conniption Kinship which is a local distilled one, The Chemist Navy strength which is also NC, but out in the mountains of Ashville, the Botanist Islay 22 out of Scotland then some Scapegrace Black gin out of New Zealand . Some neat ,some Bees knees and some Martini too.

Back