what are you drinking tonight?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Starting early... Nectaron from the polish brewery Alebrowar at my local watering hole today.

PXL_20230222_144242747.jpg
PXL_20230222_144250607.jpg

@ethompson can I get this recipe!??
Always!

0.75 oz lightly aged Rhum Agricole
0.5 oz high ester Jamaican rum (Smith & Cross ideally)
1 oz sweet vermouth (one of the rare instances I think Carpano makes sense in cocktails)
5/8 oz Campari
3/8 oz Tempus Fugit banana liqueur (no subs on this one)
2 dashes Bittermans Tiki bitters

Orange peel over the top and into the glass as garnish, bonus points if you flame it (usually not a fan, but it works here). I usually like to build this over one large cube so the first few sips are full strength and really funky / fruity before it mellows out into crushable goodness.

The x/8 measurements are finicky, sure, but I found it was the best balance with the r(h)ums and vermouth I used. Depending on what you use might require some tweaking

Always!

0.75 oz lightly aged Rhum Agricole
0.5 oz high ester Jamaican rum (Smith & Cross ideally)
1 oz sweet vermouth (one of the rare instances I think Carpano makes sense in cocktails)
5/8 oz Campari
3/8 oz Tempus Fugit banana liqueur (no subs on this one)
2 dashes Bittermans Tiki bitters

Orange peel over the top and into the glass as garnish, bonus points if you flame it (usually not a fan, but it works here). I usually like to build this over one large cube so the first few sips are full strength and really funky / fruity before it mellows out into crushable goodness.

The x/8 measurements are finicky, sure, but I found it was the best balance with the r(h)ums and vermouth I used. Depending on what you use might require some tweaking

Thanks man! I’m gonna have to dig up that banana liqueur!

Just water or some soda... haven't had a drop of alcohol since New Year's.

TBH, and funnily enough, not missing it one bit. It feels weird because I liked to get my beak wet every now and then (and at times more than my fair share) for almost 30 years. Alcohol was, and well, still is, a large part of social life in most circles here (but I can have fun without it too, and I am most likely even more fun sober than slushed).

Maybe it is me being in my late 40s and pushing closer to 50... it kind of makes one evaluate what is important and what is not. But yeah... I know I will have a drink and then some one of these days, but that day isn't today (or any day in the near future).

Oddly enough, I love watching episodes of "How To Drink" on youtube, love that show... :D

also, me and gaijin happen to live in the same country. but he's drinking some high grade ****. i'll have to do with the arboga 10.2%

there was a better vid of this a few years back with bombings and good docu photography from the nam war. but YT nuked it. copyright5 or some ****. so this is as good as it gets todat for this tune.

doing some light reading after a hefty meal...

View attachment 227606
marcel would it be ok if i asked you to send me about a ton of blow? are you in the rotterdam port much these days? could also use a maybe a ton of weed and then a ton of shrooms. for personal consumption. so you know it would be going to the right place.

Back