what are you drinking tonight?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude, after packing up all those knives the last two days and sorting what's going where I needed a drink. Not looking forward to the post office bill, lol.

Just finishing off my 1st beer.

Little Sumpin' Wild Ale
Lagunitas Brewing Co
Petaluma, CA

It's crazy good, I didn't know what I was missing out on!
I just want to pound the whole 6er right here and now.
It is 9.4% ABV, so I should likely watch my intake if I plan to accomplish anything tonight, lol.

Is that any good? I've tried a couple of other pumpkin beverages, but they all sucked.
It's OK. To me it's a little too spiced and a bit sweet. I'm not a big flavor added guy though. My buddy loves pumpkin beer, so I get to try a lot of them, like it or not. :)
AFAIK Dogfish Head Pumpkin Ale is as good as it gets. It's the only one I've ever tried that I would actually buy for myself.

Doubtful you could get it where you are though.

Do you get stuff APO? If it's simple/possible to send something like that to you I wouldn't mind dropping a few bottles in the mail.
PM me if you are interested, I would appreciate the opportunity to buy you a beer. :beer:

Well, my car had been in the shop with electrical problems and the error codes indcated that it needed a new cam position sensor and a new computer. Since first the Chrysler guy gave me a wrong part number and then the company I ordered a computer from messed up my order, the car was in the shop for 11 days and in the end I had to get a rental for a few days just to get my basics organized. Yesterday I picked up the car, total damage $650 (I got a refurbished computer for $200 with warranty compared to the $850 Chrysler wanted), but the mechanic told me that the engine light is still on with a new error code - turns out that the Chrysler guy has given me the wrong part number AGAIN and the computer is searching for a valve that my model doesn't have. But the mechanic said he tested the car and all seems to work well, so I took it home, drove it around a bit, and tried to decide whether I should replace the computer again if it works as it is. Well, this was answered this morning whe my car didn't start and had exactly the same symptoms it had 2 weeks and $650 ago. Car is back in the shop, another computer ordered, and maybe the alternator has issues as well. Chrysler Sebring 2002 with 27,000 (!) miles. Piece of sh^%.

So, I don't yet know what I will be drinking tonight, but it will probably be a lot of it.

Stefan

lol, sh!t, maybe I need to send YOU a beer.

I'm not sure the world is a better place with computers in cars. I've been where you are now and it's really frustrating, like throwing darts in the dark. I hope this sorts it for you.

In the mean time... I think this is the occasion tequila exists for!

Germaine Robin Coast Road Reserve brandy, every bottle with an anti-caplitalist diatribe printed on the cork . .

Germaine Robin Coast Road Reserve brandy, every bottle with an anti-caplitalist diatribe printed on the cork . .

They make some killer brandies and grappa though. Really hard to find on this coast. Them and Clear Creek do some really nice, exciting stuff.

Funny about the capitalist diatribe, considering they make Hangar One, which is the only reason they can stay in business and do what they do.

:thumbsup: got served Ayinger Oktober Fest-Marzen last night.

A bottle of 2007 Chateau Signac Cotes du Rhone, it's so good I call it "Poor Man's Chateauneaf du Pape."

Should be perfect with the bucatini carbonara I'm making.

It's taco night, so that means margaritas. I may have to switch to beer soon though. Have to teach tomorrow morning and the children already give me enough of a headache without outside assistance. :dazed:

Red wine & anti-depressants.

Sounds like breakfast to me :)

A few hours more grading and then I'll pick up a few bottles of Rogue on the way home. One or two probably won't survive the evening.

They make some killer brandies and grappa though. Really hard to find on this coast. Them and Clear Creek do some really nice, exciting stuff.

Funny about the capitalist diatribe, considering they make Hangar One, which is the only reason they can stay in business and do what they do.
clear creek is some of my favorites there McCarthy's single malt is beautiful now that they have perfected it. and there pear is amazing.

North Coast Old Rasputin on tap. Guineas Foreign Extra Stout 7.5% A.B.V.

Did you drink yourself silly again at the Octoberfest, Ken? ;)

500ml is just right for this geezr :wink:
:hungry: may be time to check on Volnay En Chevert I picked up years ago..

Yesterday, Don Julio anejo. Today, 2005 Chave Crozes Hermitage.

North Coast Old Rasputin on tap
very nice! I do like me a good Russian imperial stout. Ole Raz if a faithful standby. I truly do love North Coast beer in general. Their Scrimshaw pilsner is brilliant in that category, and likely what I would choose if I were doomed to a single beer option for the rest of my days.

Back