what are you drinking tonight?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I collect bourbon (and some rye). A friend of mine (who also collects) came upon someone who had two sealed wooden crate cases (12 quarts in each) of two different ryes. An Old Overholt distilled in 1934 and bottled in 1940 and a BPR distilled in 1937 and bottled in 1941. He couldn't afford to buy them all, so he split them up with some other people like myself. So now I have a bottle of each.

I need better friends like that. Best I can hope for from my friends is sharing a case of Bud with born on date 25 days prior.

Excellent Vesteroid!! Joe Davis is amazing. His bottles -- while pushing into the higher priced-range -- are really good deals IMO since he basically cellars them for you until they are ready to drink. When I tasted with him a few years back he told this story that the bank kept hounding him about his loans and saying: "You know Joe, you are in the business of selling wine not storing wine."

All the best growers send their fruit to Joe. Just read through the wines he has available -- it is literally a central coast hall of fame of vineyards: pisoni, stolpman, fiddlestix, dierberg, clos pepe, Garys, purisma, etc.

As for me, I have an '09 Bordeaux and before that had some Kinero Chard out of Paso from Anthony Yount.

k.

Funny you say that. It's the only club I have ever increased my purchasing from. I dropped hobel and a few others this year and doubled up on joes wines. I had a 2000 Syrah from him that I think was my wine of my lifetime so far....I usually buy a case of the older Syrahs every time he
It's them on sale, and take two each year from the club. Joe is one of only 4 people I buy from these days that is not retail.

Funny you say that. It's the only club I have ever increased my purchasing from. I dropped hobel and a few others this year and doubled up on joes wines. I had a 2000 Syrah from him that I think was my wine of my lifetime so far....I usually buy a case of the older Syrahs every time he
It's them on sale, and take two each year from the club. Joe is one of only 4 people I buy from these days that is not retail.

I just purchased six bottles (literally one minute ago).

2007 Sleepy Hollow - Chardonnay
2008 Fiddlestix
2003 Hommage MX
2008 Pisoni
2006 Hommage MX
2005 Stolpman

k.

I just purchased six bottles (literally one minute ago).

2007 Sleepy Hollow - Chardonnay
2008 Fiddlestix
2003 Hommage MX
2008 Pisoni
2006 Hommage MX
2005 Stolpman

k.

The 2008 Pisonis are supposed to be great. I had the 2010 Pisoni Estate on Saturday and loved it.

Just finished a 2007 homage max from Arcadian with some tri tip points grilled with onion, mushroom, and asparagus

Awesome wine

I just put in my order for Clos Solene out of Paso. It is going to be really difficult for me to not order as much 2012 and 2013 wines in the next couple years. These are a couple really good CA vintages.

As for Pisoni, Alan, I am still on the wait list, but I get the Lucia allocation. I forgot about it this year though.

k.

Santa Theresa Rhum Orange Liquer. Man, it's tasty. Great for soaking the cake part of a trifle, too.

Fresh, cool water with ice and lemon.

Stefan

Brouwerij het Uiltje (Dutch stuff) Imperial Stout, aged in Bowmore barrels. (11% ABV)
Edradour Barolo Cask matured (46% ABV)

Celebrating my post no 3333 with a generous shot of Tito's vodka.

Stefan

Springbank 12 y/o Cask Strength (Batch 8).

Seriously good stuff, if you're a fan of the Campbeltown style.

Teeling small batch Irish whiskey.... Finishing maturation in rum barrel. Good Stuff.

^^don't know much about bourbon, but having a nice glass of Dalwhinnie 15.

Cheers

Got a gift bottle of Gran Manier 1880 and tried a snifter over the weekend.

Very refined cognac taste with just a small hint of orange.

Back