what are you drinking tonight?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blasphemy! :)

So, I take it that you don't like Erdinger. What options would you suggest? Others that I like: Schneider (in moderation), Franziskaner, Weihenstephaner.

Haha, I don’t like the Erdinger non Alcoholic. I’m neutral on the real stuff.

Schneider and Weihenstephaner are good, yeah.

I like Dark Andechser as well, Unertl.... but not easy to get unless you’re in Bavaria. In the US I had a store with over 1500 beers, always able to find some obscure Wheat beers there ...

1500 beers? Wow! If I were allowed to, I'd fly over there tomorrow morning, just for the beer!

Haha, I don’t like the Erdinger non Alcoholic. I’m neutral on the real stuff.

Schneider and Weihenstephaner are good, yeah.

I like Dark Andechser as well, Unertl.... but not easy to get unless you’re in Bavaria. In the US I had a store with over 1500 beers, always able to find some obscure Wheat beers there ...

I haven't tried the NA weissbiers but for regular hefeweizen Weihenstephaner remains my favorite followed fairly closely by Schneider. I also like Kapuziner from Kulmbacher Brauerei, the taste profile is more distinct than most which could make it a bit polarizing. The problem with German beers in the USA is that they are often months old by the time they hit the shelves here which is far from ideal for most pilsners and weissbiers.

@bkultra you were spot on, the green totally rocks!! At half the price of the red, woot woot. New go-to
20200409_201433.jpg

Green spot is such a great value, very smooth and reminds me of apples.

actually i take the new go-to comment back, i still prefer teeling single malt at this price range. it's VERY smooth, but a little sweet for me, i definitely get a hint of apple in there.

That's a very nice beer! Similar to Aventinus, but a little classier, in my opinion. Unfortunately very difficult to get in Brisbane. The only time I ever drink this is when I'm overseas or may once every two years when I go to the German Club. Neither is likely to happen again any time soon :(

It's pretty good, but I do prefer their weissbier if I am honest. Have you looked in to mail orders for beer in Australia? I buy almost all my beer online.

It's pretty good, but I do prefer their weissbier if I am honest.
Same as with Aventus (and other bock beers), they are an occasional thing. Too rich as an everyday drink.

Have you looked in to mail orders for beer in Australia? I buy almost all my beer online.
I just did a search, and it looks like there is place in Sydney that stocks it and does mail order. Freight will probably not be cheap. But I might just treat myself regardless :)

I'm fresh out dry vermouth, gin, and vodka, but I have plenty of rye and bitters and a few oranges, so drinking a few old fashioned cocktails.

Gin and rum cocktails with homemade cherry syrup, bitters, club soda, lime. Started an hour and a half ago after my daily bike ride. Hammered before 4pm. Welcome to quarantine.

Well, on the other hand it is Thursday, so not too much different from normal 😅😅

Back