what are you drinking tonight?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fresh mint & blackberries muddled add equal parts (3oz or so) of gin, St. Germain, lemon juice. Shake over ice, strain into ice filled glasses and top with seltzer water.

Florida makes you soft.

Plymouth navy strength, but also brought Roku & St. George (Botanivore)

Wish I grabbed the monkey 47, my personal favorite

I'll have yo keep eye out for monkey next time I pick up gin.

Went with some cask strength rye today.
20200527_192816.jpg

Skipped cooking dinner, dry prosecco and potato salad/sausage, over to sauna with lagers- sleep like a baby. good day.

That sounds very interesting, is that a product you purchased or concocted at home?

Made at home.

Take 8 blackberries and .5 of fresh lime juice, muddle in a shaker. Fill shaker with ice, pour in 2 oz of gin & 1 of simple syrup, shake for 10-15 seconds. Strain into glass filled with ice add 3ish oz of tonic water (fever tree is my preference).

Made at home.

Take 8 blackberries and .5 of fresh lime juice, muddle in a shaker. Fill shaker with ice, pour in 2 oz of gin & 1 of simple syrup, shake for 10-15 seconds. Strain into glass filled with ice add 3ish oz of tonic water (fever tree is my preference).
Thanks I'll save that for after I get some berries.

Made at home.

Sizzurp AND tonic? Ain't that a bit sweet?

Recently bought a bottle of Campari Cask Tales (as opposed to regular Campari) and it has taken my love for Negronis to a new level! Highly recommend!

Recently bought a bottle of Campari Cask Tales (as opposed to regular Campari) and it has taken my love for Negronis to a new level! Highly recommend!
I've never heard of Cask Tales before. Have you have Boulevardiers? Curious how the addition of the bourbon barrels changes the Negroni. I'm guessing it would push it towards a Boulevardier profile. I guess I could also just not be cheap and go try it myself, but feeling cheap today.

I've never heard of Cask Tales before. Have you have Boulevardiers? Curious how the addition of the bourbon barrels changes the Negroni. I'm guessing it would push it towards a Boulevardier profile. I guess I could also just not be cheap and go try it myself, but feeling cheap today.
I don't think you're being cheap - it's pretty expensive (at least where I am it's 2.5x the cost of standard Campari). I've bought a bottle before, and while it's an interesting variation on classic Campari, I wouldn't buy it again with how expensive it is!

Back