what are you shooting? (handgun thread)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loved my Glock 26 (9mm subcompact), it’s been my concealed carry since 1998. My only experience with Walther is the P22 and it’s very tempermental with subsonic ammo (I pretty much only shoot it suppressed). Thought Glock was the most consistent and easiest to carry/shoot until last year when I got my HK VP45 Tactical. Way nicer than the previous HK USP’s I’ve shot. Pricey but IMHO, worth the extra money for such a reliable daily carry/shooter.

Can also recommend ammoman.com, Have bought a lot from him in the past and rates and selection are usually the best.

Here’s my range bag emptied out from this weekend
IMG_3744.jpg

If you’re on a budget and don’t like the new textured and 3D grips from Glock, an older used Gen I/II model can be found in good condition in the used case for around $300-$350 (paid $315 for this used 19 Gen I including a new spring). Barrel was excellent condition but obviously had to swap out for threaded Silencerco for suppressor use.
IMG_3734.jpg

For anyone considering suppressors, Silencerco has. 45% off sale on threaded barrels this week, buy and out away for future use!

Reactions: Kgp
Bert I would have loved to have learned to drive in a Ferrari haha.

Really dont like Glocks or polymer guns in general.

Silencers are cool but I enjoy the gunfire sound too much to subdue any of that.

Silencers are cool but I enjoy the gunfire sound too much to subdue any of that.

Unless you’re shooting subsonic, there’s still plenty of noise, lol. For me, it’s another toy and gives me the option of shooting discreetly in my backyard. The Walther P22 with suppressor and subsonic ammo is quieter than most BB guns; you can shoot it in your basement with no ear protection!

I shoot a hi power 9mm, buckmark 22lr and tokarev. My hands are smaller so I find the hi power more comfortable to hold. I actually like shooting the buckmark more from a sporting perspective and only take out the hipower when I have guests.

My absolute favorite piece to shoot is my .22 handgun. Inexpensive to shoot lots. I can really focus on my form and trigger pull. If I mess up, the error is instantly apparent. Tiny little groups of I get it right.

Very little recoil to affect my performance.

My lessons translates to my Sig226 and Glock21-SF. My shooting has vastly improved since I put the rimfire into rotation.

I dont know if sig Sauer still does the .22lr conversion kit for the P226 but I would highly recommend that. You can shoot thousands of rounds of .22lr to get a feel for everything then switch back to the caliber of your choosing. I love my 226 in 9mm, it has never even hiccuped!

I dont know if sig Sauer still does the .22lr conversion kit for the P226 but I would highly recommend that. You can shoot thousands of rounds of .22lr to get a feel for everything then switch back to the caliber of your choosing. I love my 226 in 9mm, it has never even hiccuped!
My 226 has had tens of thousands of rounds. It was my brothers service piece and he practiced a lot. When I got it I put a lot of rounds thru it. It is still a fine shooter. Same. Zero hiccups. It’s is worn looking tho.

I'm for sure getting m9a3, plan on putting Wilson dark cherry grips on it.
As for down the road it's between Walther q5 steel frame and the cz tactical sport. Ideally I want both of those, lol.
Shadow is too heavy.

STI looks gaudy and way out my price range.

My current range rotation

german made p226
ruger sr1911
ww2 ppk with refinished bluing and fake party leader grip (for the bling ;))

I envy you guys in the US with suppressor :(

Rj2K57J.jpg

S&W J-frame (340SC) (.357 etc.)
S&W M&P 9
If you hadn't already decided what to get, I'd suggest first thinking carefully about its intended use (concealed carry? in home defense? etc.) and then trying a few different ones at a local firing range to determine which you're most comfortable with. But if you've already decided that the M9A3 is the right one for you, I strongly recommend spending a lot of time at the range getting perfectly comfortable with it. And whatever holster you've selected.

S&W J-frame (340SC) (.357 etc.)
S&W M&P 9
If you hadn't already decided what to get, I'd suggest first thinking carefully about its intended use (concealed carry? in home defense? etc.) and then trying a few different ones at a local firing range to determine which you're most comfortable with. But if you've already decided that the M9A3 is the right one for you, I strongly recommend spending a lot of time at the range getting perfectly comfortable with it. And whatever holster you've selected.
my only use for gun is to use at the range, no other purpose. yeah ive decided on the m9. once i feel ive gotten proficient with it, i will look for a second gun to spice things up, hehe.

guys, feel free to post pics of your gear!!

you gonna let me shoot that next time im in chi right?

bahama, done any mods to the 96?
i dont remember if it was the px4 or apx i rented one time but i hated it. the balance was way off for me and trigger was not pleasant either.
I put a skeletonized hammer on it and a D spring, only mods. I would say that you rented the APX, the PX4 has good balance and a pretty decent trigger.

PX4
307nj9v.jpg

you gonna let me shoot that next time im in chi right?

That one is not mine, it's the DVC Carry. I know of one for sale and I'm thinking of picking it up, but even @ $2400 it makes for an expensive EDC.

A safe is a good investment anyway. Get one that can't be carried away! Then bolt it down anyway. Useful for more than just guns. Keep passports, car titles, birth certificates, credit cards not in use, emergency cash, wifes jewelry, etc. A good one will cost you less than half the knives on BST.

Ughh. Boy do priorities change fast. Instead of getting my unicorn knife or nice wheels for my car, I've decided I want an over priced firearm. The sickness is real.
Wilson combat edc x9 with the burgundy grips. It just looks super ergonomic, I especially like the cross hatching on front of the handle.
104f297ca9317520dcdb16a4c1c20a2f.jpg

I think we lost Panda.

Don't buy something like Wilson as your first pistol. You wouldn't suggest a new knife user to get a multi thousand dollar unicorn, would you? Besides Les Baer better:D

obviously not getting that right off the bat, lol. gonna be a bit to save up that much. that being said, i've deviated from my original plan of the m9a3 and now i think i'm going with the cz sp-01 shadow line from cz custom shop.

The shadow is a nice gun. The SP-01 is quite hefty (if you run out of bullets you could use it as a club). Shoots really nice and never had any problems with mine. I like the way it’s assembly is aligned slide/frame.

If you can, try shooting each before you purchase. It maybe impossible with your selections now. I’ve only known one person who owned all of your choices.

Also check out kahr T9 if you have a chance. Very nice double action trigger and very comfortable in the hand.

CZs are great too, especially the custom shop ones, but somewhat expensive.

There is also sig 210 target, the American made version if you are looking for a range toy with extreme accuracy.

Not seeing much love here for FNH and Kimber. Most of what I have is .45's but my Kimbers have all been flawless. Wouldn't hesitate getting one in a 9mm in a 1911 frame.

For a .22 plinker, Ruger Mk IV target is very cool and super accurate.

Ken

Back