What do you have on your wrist?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my poor Tudor. i was not rich when i got it. so i had to get the acrylic face. i couldn't afford the sapphire. i beat on it ugly. i was young, so my parents helped buy it for me.

i have (as an adult) gotten smarter a tiny bit. i try to take it off and drop it into my pocket before i reach into my truck's engine compartment. try!..i still forget sometimes. i bought a GPS smart watch that tracks heartrate and tracks my movements so i at least switch to that watch before i do my wilderness stuff.. i used to hunt and fish with my Tudor. my Tudor is the Submariner. i love it because it isn't common. when i got it, i don't think Tudor was imported to the USA. i got it out of Hong Kong. i have never seen another one except the twin my brother has..and his is not functioning because he is too cheap to send it in for service. i bet i have had it 35 years, maybe.

next service, i will bite the bullet and let Rolex change out the band. i stopped them this time.

View attachment 124036
Look after it. Prices are riding the Rolex hype train. I just got a feed from Bulang and Sons and they have a minty one for sale at 7,200 Euros.

Last edited:
Look after it. Prices are riding the Rolex hype train. I just got a feed from Bulang and Sons and they have a minty one for sale at 7,200 Euros.
for a Tudor?!

i think i remember paying under $1k for it. my last service cost me $800 which felt stupid paying for, but i love thing.

I wonder if all these markets are in a new normal or if theyre way overheated due to stock market.

Neither is great.

BTW love that JLC, that's hot.

Worldwide market for Tudor. Not sure stock markets in all developed countries are doing well like the USA.

On a side note, I am close to selling a 'watchco' Seamaster 300 to a watch forum member who lives in the general vicinity. This will be my first ever sale. (like I finally sold a knife last year for the first time after 10+ years). I wasn't looking to sell the SM300, but he really wants it.

IMG_4828.jpg

I hear people like JLC here

For your viewing pleasure - wore this out grocery shopping today - it’s simple, but nice

View attachment 130171
Very nice, I was considering one for a while but then I saw a reproduction of the original with the seconds subdial at 6 o'clock. If I'm getting one, I need that version. Never gonna happen...
c84950c0591ff4bce7e4.png

One for each wrist, I like your style. Who needs a GMT function?
Would look silly/impractical on the right wrist as design was to worn on the left to have the correct orientation of the dial when hands are on a steering wheel.

Would look silly/impractical on the right wrist as design was to worn on the left to have the correct orientation of the dial when hands are on a steering wheel.

it appears the 2 watches above are tilted in different directions. so i could indeed have one on each hand when driving around in one of my 7 250 gto's :)

Latest posts

Back