What do you have on your wrist?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My question was in full sincerity-
Was completely unaware of this.

But really good to know

In the watch store today - tried on this - no purchases however
If you have the right shaped wrist the Reverso is a great, classic choice. Unfortunately for me it looks terrible.

Repairs/cleaning were more than sticker price, at least locally, so never had it done…

The more normal workhorse-y Seiko movements are often very straightforward to fix yourself. By far the most common issue with one that's stopped working (or doesn't 'hold charge') is a loose rotor, in particular on the 7s26 movement. And all you need to do is get the back off and tighten this big screw.

Worth a shot I'd have thought.

IMG-8631.jpg

(That's just a pic I grabbed off the internet so probably isn't a Seiko movement, but all rotor screws look like that. I've done this on seikos before and it's just a matter of having a small enough screwdriver.)

Last edited:
Since I got it about 13 or 14 years ago this Seiko 007 mod done by Yobokies has been easily my most worn watch. Never been serviced (apart from by me ;)), take it diving a lot, generally beat it up a bit, and still going strong.

71012-C3A25FA4-6803-4C0F-8464-7BA2B7078077.jpeg

But I don't have the largest wrists and the 007 is a fairly hefty watch, so I'd always fancied similar in a mid-size. So when @Danzo popped this 38mm mod he'd done himself on BST recently I thought I ought to have it, arrived today :).

IMG-8595.jpg

IMG-8596 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Super compressor. Super comfortable and the big exhibition caseback is fun.

View attachment 150331View attachment 150332View attachment 150333View attachment 150334
I’m looking at getting a decent watch, and keep coming back to this one. Seems to hit most of the marks I want - water resistant enough, automatic with exhibition case, doesn’t have a huge crown dead center, and looks good in the way I like. How have you liked this one over time?

Only thing I wish it had were the date…

I wore a Rado for years (sorry I don’t have pics) until I bought an Apple Watch. It’s a smart watch and it’s always paired with my IPhone. It’s not a piece of jewelry like the Rado but I love it!

I’m looking at getting a decent watch, and keep coming back to this one. Seems to hit most of the marks I want - water resistant enough, automatic with exhibition case, doesn’t have a huge crown dead center, and looks good in the way I like. How have you liked this one over time?

Only thing I wish it had were the date…

I love it. I wear it very frequently and like having the bracelet to swap for the rubber!

if I'm being honest, this might be the only watch I wear out of love. my wife bought it for me 21 years ago, when she was a girlfriend. It is solar charged so it has NEVER lost juice. I have changed the band twice because I destroyed them. snagging them in an engine compartment etc. I wore it building a 2 mile long tunnel. it's life was not easy.

I still have an active life, and I roughed up my Tudor which is needed to go to the shop again. I have a couple of other Rolex that I look at and wear maybe December. but this is no doubt my trusty crusty.

the bomb-proof Casio Pathfinder 1300GAW or something. It will not quit.

Attachments

• watchywatch.jpg
    watchywatch.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 0
I love it. I wear it very frequently and like having the bracelet to swap for the rubber!
Ended up with the Sealander so I could have the date, and second time zone for the other half of my work team. Thanks for pointing me at CW, I’m really happy with how it wears.

First ‘real’ watch of my life!
F8558794-EBFA-48F8-8118-FCFD3FDFFAF7.jpeg

Sold my watches a few years too early, before the crazy appreciation in the past two years... Looking to get another sports Rolex or AP soon...

Always appreciated the craftsmanship that goes into a mechanical watch. Just had this totally overhauled and it’s ticking great (~ +2s per day over the past month).
image.jpg

Went on and swapped out the case back since the medallions on these are notoriously wear-prone on these too.
image.jpg

Ended up with the Sealander so I could have the date, and second time zone for the other half of my work team. Thanks for pointing me at CW, I’m really happy with how it wears.

First ‘real’ watch of my life!View attachment 190994
That is an amazing watch - just was reading about it in a newspaper the other day

The only downside is that Bill Clinton wore one as well. Even though its Pam sized, the Ti case makes it very light on the wrist.
Well, Sly stone wore it as well, if any consolation 😂😂😂. I did not know it came in Ti - my brother has 2 Panerai as he loves them so much

Well, Sly stone wore it as well, if any consolation 😂😂😂. I did not know it came in Ti - my brother has 2 Panerai as he loves them so much
The Stainless model is the Pam 88. The 89 was only made for a few years. I love it in Ti...but I have been lusting after a Pam in bronze.

The Stainless model is the Pam 88. The 89 was only made for a few years. I love it in Ti...but I have been lusting after a Pam in bronze.
Those bronze ones are super nice - I also saw one yesterday in pure white as well - something i had never seen before

Rather than fritter away all of some inheritance money I received recently on nonsense and high living, I thought I'd buy myself something nice too, that'd still be there in the morning...

I like diving, dive watches, had always rather fancied a Doxa, and I think the new 600T design is just stunning.

Pretty much everything about this watch I love, though it possibly wouldn't be for everyone. I have quite small wrists and this wears considerably larger than the 40mm diameter suggests, down largely to the lug to lug measurement I think, which is extended by being on a bracelet - on a strap it'd wear smaller. Though the bracelet is extremely comfortable tbh, so I'm gonna keep it like this I think.

Plus the watch I've worn most for the last 15 or so years is an SKX007, which is 42mm but fairly comparable in terms of size, and on a nato actually sits a little higher that the Doxa.

IMG-1672.jpg

IMG-1671.jpg

IMG-1681.jpg

Last edited:
Back