What do you have on your wrist?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure what this is besides a vintage Omega Speedie my stepdad gave me.

Attachments

• IMG_0382.jpeg
    IMG_0382.jpeg
    336.3 KB · Views: 0
Not sure what this is besides a vintage Omega Speedie my stepdad gave me.
Nice gift, though not a Speedie. Its a Seamaster Cosmic from the early '70's.
Yup...looks like Seamaster Cosmic 2000 Diver from early 70's.
Very nice watch!
You can do your kayak fishing with it, but not really for diving.

i do admit, that SWATCH - OMEGA collaboration, MOON WATCH is sick!! all for around $200. constantly sold out tho. my wife is in Paris and thinks she saw it at the Duty-Free. fingers crossed.

swatch-x-omega-mission-to-the-moonbxkxw.jpg

A fellow KKFer scored one of these a few months back. O think he paid $325 or so. They are almost impossible to find in the limited # of Swatch boutiques that sell them.

A fellow KKFer scored one of these a few months back. O think he paid $325 or so. They are almost impossible to find in the limited # of Swatch boutiques that sell them.
I called the SF store and the outgoing message basically says to quit calling about the damn watch and show up and hope you’re lucky. Haha.

I’m not burning w desire to own one, but I kinda am.

The only proper response: "If I was lucky I would be buying a real Speedmaster. But I'm not, so I'm trying to buy your d@mn Swatch plastic version!"

:laughingchef:

The only proper response: "If I was lucky I would be buying a real Speedmaster. But I'm not, so I'm trying to buy your d@mn Swatch plastic version!"

:laughingchef:
yup. my Moonwatch will be my next bigass gift. hope it isnt for retirement, but it might be.

to be honest, i seem to gravitate towards more vintage watches.

Plenty of '60s Speedmasters out there...

Minor coincidence, but I was at a river and two monks showed up. Turns out there were having a mini wrist watch GTG. They both had Speedmasters. Not saying you should follow their paths of enlightenment, but you should follow their paths of enlightenment... 🤠

Plenty of '60s Speedmasters out there...

Minor coincidence, but I was at a river and two monks showed up. Turns out there were having a mini wrist watch GTG. They both had Speedmasters. Not saying you should follow their paths of enlightenment, but you should follow their paths of enlightenment... 🤠

I hope that meeting was on a tuesday?

Since I purchased that Weiss watch I have shown a couple of times, my interest in buying new watches has faded away.

And yesterday I got an e-mail from a small local watchbrand that they are starting a "heritage collection" of more historically inspired watches, starting with Tunnan:

Tunnan.jpg

Malm Watches mainly makes watches inspired by swedish military aviation history, and this watch is named after SAAB 29 Tunnan, the first Swedish fighter jet:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saab_29_Tunnan
The visual style fits it's time, I think. But .. do I really want to spend another € 1000 on a watch?

I love my mother in law. Wife and I tried to give her a Rolex. It just isn’t my wife’s style. (Iwatch!)

Got it fitted and everything. She returned it because the woman can’t accept any help of gifts. My wife is bummed.

Since I purchased that Weiss watch I have shown a couple of times, my interest in buying new watches has faded away.

And yesterday I got an e-mail from a small local watchbrand that they are starting a "heritage collection" of more historically inspired watches, starting with Tunnan:

View attachment 242666

Malm Watches mainly makes watches inspired by swedish military aviation history, and this watch is named after SAAB 29 Tunnan, the first Swedish fighter jet:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saab_29_Tunnan
The visual style fits it's time, I think. But .. do I really want to spend another € 1000 on a watch?
Those early jets are cool. Small compact & fast. The Russian Mig 15 was based on German design the plans were brought back to Russia. It was flying in 1948. The Mig was revolutionary it shows how far German design near end of the war. They needed improvement over Me 262 especially engines that didn't last. Never happened Germany was out of materials even fuel. The Russian Mig 15 looks very similar to the German design. The engine they got from English Rolls Royce turbo jet Nene engine. Russians bought one copied it & put it in the Mig 15. Sixteen thousand were made with engine & other improvements in later models. I believe it's the most produced jet fighter in history. Introduced in Korea it was shooting down American B 29 bombers.
It was an excellent high altitude fighter. When American F 86 came to Korea it had much better kill ratio against the Mig. F 86 better gun sight, WW2 pilots many aces.
North Korea had Russian aces too in the Migs.

I had a sit down adult conversation with my mother in law. I told her what she meant to me, etc.

she accepted the watch!! she was bawling by the time I was done. she knows she is deeply loved. it looks awesome on her!

I came out of the room, and my wife was bawling as well. I'm pretty good with my words. ahhaahhahha

Got this in a coupla days ago. Unnecessary accumulation of dive watches is why I don't have any fancy knives.

20884413-711B-4130-9BDA-981481F22265.jpeg

FE0EF276-DCE7-48CF-92E4-BF96EA58D4C0.jpeg

Reactions: Kgp
Back