What do you have on your wrist?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
had a citizen eco drive and a seiko kinetic titanium but sold them, dont like wearing watches in the kitchen. if anything a timex expedition or casio gshock.

I used to wear a Tissot PRC200 until the band pin came out about three years ago. Since then I have not worn a watch and will probably never go back to one.

k.

tissot.jpg

Dave,

I checked into their website and I absolutely love the look of this particular model... http://www.shinola.com/shop/watches/the-brakeman-leather-band-watch-s002.html

Not that I can afford it now but I jumped on their email list, who knows maybe I'll sell a knife or two to get such a unique watch.

Hey Pete come on over to DTW and we'll grab some cigars and hit their store up. I managed to trip over my own two feet last week and landed right on my watch. I nearly fell over when I saw the bill from Rolex. Thank goodness for an Inland Marine policy!
:O

Dave

Shinola has a ton of amazing products. I love the idea behind the brand, and I'll be a customer soon. In fact...ah, nevermind. Just really cool stuff. :)

Okay, here's my wedding gift from almost 20 years ago.image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 178
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 173
Hey Pete come on over to DTW and we'll grab some cigars and hit their store up. I managed to trip over my own two feet last week and landed right on my watch. I nearly fell over when I saw the bill from Rolex. Thank goodness for an Inland Marine policy!
:O

Dave

Dave that sounds like a plan. I have a knife in the works from Randy and when it is finished I will make a road trip to pick it up and stop in your area. This won't be until probably this time next year though but I will keep you informed.

Wear a Sea Dweller sometimes, but usually wear a g-shock. If im in the office i take off the Rolex and use it as a paperweight. I had a IWC Mark XII a couple of years ago and traded it in on a Breitling. I will probably pick up another one this year because I miss the simplicity and lack of name recognition.

Dave that sounds like a plan. I have a knife in the works from Randy and when it is finished I will make a road trip to pick it up and stop in your area. This won't be until probably this time next year though but I will keep you informed.

Sounds like a Plan Pete. I'm right on the way to Randy's place any how so Steaks on the BGE and some some Cubano's for sure.

Dave

I can't believe how many guys here wear Rolex, like they're Timex....

my stainless Tudor looks just like Dream Burls. i love it. i bought it at the time because it was less expensive than the same stainless Rolex. same watch. i just took it in for a new face, and tune-up. cost me $500.

came back brand spanking new..and then i reached into my engine compartment and put the tiniest scuff on the face. should have done the crystal..damn!!

now i love it!! i rarely see Tudor here in the states. i think they quit selling them here.

I had my Rolex cleaned once (in 20 years) and was amazed at how much it cost. I think it was $500 also, but they did an amazing job. Even the bracelet looked like new. I don't wear it every day these days. Mostly when I go on vacation because it's built like a tank and I don't have to thing about it, even swimming.

People really drop some loot on watches. I guess I have no place to talk though. My wrist is just covered in oven rack burns.

As of now I own a Bulova Kinetic....which in hindsight was a bonehead purchase being I don't wear watches while in the kitchen. Lol. So I'm always having to adjust the time. It does however work perfect on the weekends when I'm not working at Uchi.

i drive my wife crazy. and my rolex repair guy as well.

apparently, Not wearing a rolex isnt the best for it's overall health. i have a gold president, that i NEVER wear..just not my style at all. my dad gave it to me, before he passed. i cant sell it until my mom passes. (so she cant kill me). i think i want to sell it and buy 3 stainless ones for each of my siblings. matching ones for all of us kids.

my tudor rides in my gun safe. opening it is a pain. so i dont wear that either.

on my wrist is a $299 Casio Pathfinder. i friggen love this thing. i sent it in for a repair. i have had this thing in motor oil, deer guts, my compost pile...it lives a rough life. atomic time keeping, so it is syncd perfectly. i am very outdoorsy. last time i wore my tudor deer hunting, a deer heard the bracelet jingling and ran away.

while this casio was away for repair, i bought a $100 analog casio from costco...the inexpensive watches get more play...i wore that thing on a 10-day backpack trip. it was awesome.

I'm not into gold watches too, my uncle gifted me a nice 1 couple of years ago and it is still brand new in the box :D

I wear a Cyma chrono with a faux carbon fiber face that a former employer gave me.

"Not wearing a rolex isnt the best for it's overall health"

You can get watch storage units/boxes for self winding watches that move so they keep the watches running. Not all that expensive and less $$$ than repairs.

Dave

"Not wearing a rolex isnt the best for it's overall health"

You can get watch storage units/boxes for self winding watches that move so they keep the watches running. Not all that expensive and less $$$ than repairs.

Dave

yea..i wasnt smart enough to have an electrical outlet installed in my safes.

for the record. setting the time on a rolex datejust sucks. letting that thing stop is a crime.

yea..i wasnt smart enough to have an electrical outlet installed in my safes.

That's unfortunate however they do make battery operated models or better yet just schedule the watch for all perils on your homeowners for about $20 a year and stop worrying about it. I don't have any more difficulty setting the time on a Datejust than any other Rolex. I've had one stop a few times. Just shake it or wind it manually and then you are back on track.

I received a few new ones this weekend:

1998 Explorer II

1972 Datejust with linen dial (the texture doesn't show up in the photo)

Fortis Cosmonaut

I also have a 1969 pre-moon Speedy coming to me. It's being conservatively restored, right now, but is just about done.

Been wearing this for 12 years now. Works as new.
sPrvxmB.jpg

When I turned 30 my parents wanted to give me some nice present and they came up with an idea of good quality watch and knowing how picky I am on my stuff, they gave me some money and so I had not other way round than look at high quality watches. I got quickly surprised how much these lovely buggers cost :) After quite some search Oris Chronoris caught my eye and that is what I got. Today - 5 years later - I still wore it daily (with exception when doing sport or some harder manual work). Yes - Seamester would be lovely, but I would not be able to justify 4x the already high price I payed for the Chronoris.

P.S. Those cool leather gloves are as close as I ever got to actually buying a motorbike (the 'small' HD Sportster would be my choice). I still have the gloves ... and the dream :)

Sad to say, but as an electrician, no metal on my hands or wrists. Otherwise I would buy this http://www.luminox.com/watches/sea/?watch=A.8153.RP

I just can't justify buying it if I will only wear it occasionally.

Nice Luminox.

I don't wear my watches nearly often enough. When I have the opportunity, I go for the Omega Seamaster. White dial over stainless with 18K bezel. I also enjoy a Bulova Precisionist and Hamilton Jazzmaster.

When I count how many "shigs" are in my watch box, I wonder if I shouldn't have stopped after the first though.

Couple years ago bought a Citizen Eco-Drive dress watch leather band. My original Titanium Eco -Drive finally quit working after 13+ years. Water tight to the end, never thought it would last this long. Will never go back to a battery watch.

I like watches but as a hobby it's a bit much monetarily. Im happy with one watch. Now pens, or camera lenses, I don't think so. But I can live with one watch. Mine currently happens to be this one:

14060m
by lmaousrs, on Flickr

Back