What do you have on your wrist?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm... serious lack of photos here lately. Okay, here's mine, not in the Rolex club but I like these. First, the daily driver, where Iike the understaded all-stainless and grey face look. I used to do a lot of salt water sailing and kayaking with this watch, and it still works fine:

TAG_01.jpg

And then the "dress" version with a little bit of gold bling, and it's also easier to read in low light, now that I'm an old:

TAG_02.jpg

I bought these around 16 years ago, when I was a bit more solvent, and they're one of the best remaining investments from that period. I like having two near-identical watches, because these need batteries every few years (which is why they don't match, one needs servicing). If I was starting this from scratch I'd go self-winders, but at least I always have one of them available when a battery dies. Like now...

I haven’t worn a watch in over 12 years. But my wife wanted to buy me an Apple Watch so I would walk and exercise more. Told her it needed to be sports model as I am always wet when grinding and sharpening.

I’ve grown attached to it now. The water [emoji98]function allows the touch screen to get wet without being confused and no longer need to stop working and reach into my pocket for calls. I can chose to ignore or pick up important calls easily. Also very easy to clean when I’m done.

They just need a more rugged case and screen. Don’t think they had this line of work in mind when designing them.

EA5_EF754-0_B44-459_E-_A0_E1-0_C37_B3_A3_C3_D9.jpg

so the da luca natural chromexcel strap came in and it fits perfect! no gap and is hella comfortable. i thought $150 retail was a bit much (got it for 95 gotta love ebay) but i am definitely both seeing/feeling the quality. what the hell am i gonna do with the other two i have coming? lol
20180321_225340_zps5blae73g.jpg~original

i am really digging the nato style because a piece of the soft leather goes under the watch for more squishy comfort.

I haven’t worn a watch in over 12 years. But my wife wanted to buy me an Apple Watch so I would walk and exercise more. Told her it needed to be sports model as I am always wet when grinding and sharpening.

I’ve grown attached to it now. The water [emoji98]function allows the touch screen to get wet without being confused and no longer need to stop working and reach into my pocket for calls. I can chose to ignore or pick up important calls easily. Also very easy to clean when I’m done.

They just need a more rugged case and screen. Don’t think they had this line of work in mind when designing them.

EA5_EF754-0_B44-459_E-_A0_E1-0_C37_B3_A3_C3_D9.jpg

I switched to an Apple Watch in the last couple months primarily for work in a kitchen as well. It’s held up fine so far. It really is nice not having to reach into your pocket to see notifications, saves a noticeable amount of time.

And being able to tell my wrist to set an alarm/timer?

That **** will never get old.

I have purchased the Apple Watch and returned it three times now. I want to love it but can’t get over the redundancy with my phone. I really want to use the sport rings...

Would love to include a pic panda but after 4 years I still don’t know how to use this forum.

Upload the photo to an image sharing site (imgur for example)

Get the URL for the photo, then paste that into this box:

2e8105c193e3fe9e5388.png

d1416a0064093b042d42.png

One day I hope to be able to afford an Omega Speedmaster.

I wear this Nov and Dec. my least physical months. I tend to reach into engine bays and stuff not remembering to take off whatever timepiece I’m wearing. Hunting season is over, so I’m safer.

It’s more than I’m used to. But fun to wear. Not fun to set the time and date tho.

Attachments

• 2FA57CB7-2DA3-42DF-AA49-A224044D45F1.jpeg
    2FA57CB7-2DA3-42DF-AA49-A224044D45F1.jpeg
    43.8 KB · Views: 99
I tend to wear no-date watches. But both divers I have include date wheels. I never bother to set the proper date when I decide to wear either of them.
Ironically I was just about to show what I got. My Raymond and weil was too formal, and my dad wanted something smaller and more dressy than his seamaster, so we traded watches.

Attachments

• IMG_20181208_094546.jpg
    IMG_20181208_094546.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 114
Hmmm... serious lack of photos here lately. Okay, here's mine, not in the Rolex club but I like these. First, the daily driver, where Iike the understaded all-stainless and grey face look. I used to do a lot of salt water sailing and kayaking with this watch, and it still works fine:

TAG_01.jpg

And then the "dress" version with a little bit of gold bling, and it's also easier to read in low light, now that I'm an old:

TAG_02.jpg

I bought these around 16 years ago, when I was a bit more solvent, and they're one of the best remaining investments from that period. I like having two near-identical watches, because these need batteries every few years (which is why they don't match, one needs servicing). If I was starting this from scratch I'd go self-winders, but at least I always have one of them available when a battery dies. Like now...

Haven't looked at this thread in a while. Nice looking watches both of them.

From 1992. Seamaster 120 series. Quartz. 30mm crystal. White Dial. Now-a-days people seem to prefer larger watches, mechanical movements, requiring a lot of service.

Back