What do you have on your wrist?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_7726.JPG

View attachment 69599 View attachment 69600 finally found a strap i like!!!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XT8YBHL
this material is great, i also swapped out the clasp with a brushed titanium finish one.

the kevlar one i ordered from singapore was junk.

How are you finding that strap after a few months @panda? I've been looking for a canvas strap for a while, still haven't found a good one though (some were just bad quality, others started fraying at the holes after a while)

3B00F339-188C-4C01-ACDB-7E45EAE3FE90.jpeg

Just sent Rolex GMT II to Rolliworks for service and bracelet tightening. Pulled out this Accutron that I haven't worn for years, probably the last time I had the Rolex serviced.

How are you finding that strap after a few months @panda? I've been looking for a canvas strap for a while, still haven't found a good one though (some were just bad quality, others started fraying at the holes after a while)
It's the best!! Still holding strong, no fraying or cracks. It's the only strap i will use.

This is my everyday Seiko 007 mod. Done by Yobokies about ten years ago.

Attachments

• C3A25FA4-6803-4C0F-8464-7BA2B7078077.jpeg
    C3A25FA4-6803-4C0F-8464-7BA2B7078077.jpeg
    59.9 KB · Views: 24
Garmin Forerunner 935. I love it. So easy to read in direct bright sunlight, long battery life and one of a kind watch face that I developed myself from code.
F7DB76F5-2527-44BC-A9B5-C350F73C9496.jpeg

Reactions: Kgp
I dont wear this very often. I wear it pretty much the month of December Only It’s a bit much. I got it tuned up at the factory and immediately scratched the face on my motorcycle. My local jewelry shop said they can buff it out, but I haven’t taken it back. I just wear it now. It’s bombproof for sure. I wore it deer hunting and never saw a deer. I blame the bling.

80061651-8883-4D1A-A5E0-B05766D728B6.jpeg

meh... I wear my watches and they result in typical desk diving scars. just like my knives and guns, they get used like the tools they are.

Here is my usual watch. It’s crazy old now. I bet it’s 25 years old. Minty fresh from the Rolex Swiss tune-up. I got fleeced. The tuned cost almost as much as the watch did back in the day. They wanted to put a new bracelet on, but I stopped them. I’ll do it if it breaks. I don’t think I like the new Tudor watch offerings.

0E37B859-4B5F-45A3-90F7-8AB53172ECF7.jpeg

Here is my usual watch. It’s crazy old now. I bet it’s 25 years old. Minty fresh from the Rolex Swiss tune-up. I got fleeced. The tuned cost almost as much as the watch did back in the day. They wanted to put a new bracelet on, but I stopped them. I’ll do it if it breaks. I don’t think I like the new Tudor watch offerings.

View attachment 81574
Rolliworks will restore bracelet for $300. They are doing mine right now.
https://www.rolliworks.com/

I feel Omega has gone pretty much the same - tried to get my 1960s seamaster checked and tuned up but they were going to send it off to Switzerland to assess + do all the changes they wanted as either an "all or nothing" type situation.
Daily driver : Casio G Shock -> Big easily read screen for easy heat rate/ resp rate taking + timer helps to keep an eye on jobs I need to go back to (would recommend for anyone that needs something waterproof/washable)
Weekends: 1960s Omega seamaster -> small and subtle enough that only very few people notice but still damn beautiful

I feel Omega has gone pretty much the same - tried to get my 1960s seamaster checked and tuned up but they were going to send it off to Switzerland to assess + do all the changes they wanted as either an "all or nothing" type situation.
Daily driver : Casio G Shock -> Big easily read screen for easy heat rate/ resp rate taking + timer helps to keep an eye on jobs I need to go back to (would recommend for anyone that needs something waterproof/washable)
Weekends: 1960s Omega seamaster -> small and subtle enough that only very few people notice but still damn beautiful

was never a fan of G shocks, until I bought one to time my cold showers (don’t ask lol). I gotta admit they are great for all things outdoor, work etc. and if they break they don’t break the bank...

38623995jv.jpeg

was never a fan of G shocks, until I bought one to time my cold showers (don’t ask lol). I gotta admit they are great for all things outdoor, work etc. and if they break they don’t break the bank...

38623995jv.jpeg

Definitely a big "if" this thing just soaks up abuse. Big thumbs up for the olive green.

Vintage Omega watches are best repaired/ cleaned by independents. Omega Factory will ruin a vintage watch by replacing any parts they feel are not up to snuff. (say goodbye to any tritium lume that is remotely cracked, etc.)

Back