What do you have on your wrist?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it would be nice to see people move on rather than absolutely lose their minds because one over the line comment got gently called out.

i have no hard feelings towards you. just so you know.

i just wanted to clear things up so there would be no further misunderstandings.

i'm done with this.

Titanium, kind of gets in the way a bit.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210402_103148.jpg
    Screenshot_20210402_103148.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 16
My first Eco Drive got lost couple years bought another titanium. Found it when moving furniture when moved. So charged it up still using my first one over 20 years & still keeping good time. Surfed, swam, fishing, kayak with it.

IMG_20210401_172830070.jpg
IMG_20210401_142041322_MP.jpg
IMG_20210318_193744189_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210318_193506880_HDR.jpg

Non Ocean Eco Drives wear these more in retirement.

i have this one in black. where can i buy a new colored strap/shell for this? would be cool to have it all white. or red.

Don’t know about the US, man. I bought it in a UK shop.

I’m sure you can get it on eBay. Or just go to a US watch forum (watchuseek maybe?) and browse a little. You should find plenty of sources there. Just make sure you buy a bezel/band that fits your model. Not all G Shock Squares are the same, even though they sometimes look like exactly the same dimensions.

i've been thinking about getting something with roman numerals. i like the early 1900:eds look

100m waterproof! pure white enamel dial! 2 sizes.
1746_Classic.jpg

this one is also cool.
NM1058D-L4J-GY_web.jpg

Don’t know about the US, man. I bought it in a UK shop.

I’m sure you can get it on eBay. Or just go to a US watch forum (watchuseek maybe?) and browse a little. You should find plenty of sources there. Just make sure you buy a bezel/band that fits your model. Not all G Shock Squares are the same, even though they sometimes look like exactly the same dimensions.

says 3159 then gw-m5610 on the back of mine.

i've been thinking about getting something with roman numerals. i like the early 1900:eds look

100m waterproof! pure white enamel dial! 2 sizes.
1746_Classic.jpg

this one is also cool.
NM1058D-L4J-GY_web.jpg
Cartier has some stunning Roman numerals - I cannot wear a Cartier - not really my persona, but they look great!

Ulysses Nardin also has some great nautical pieces with Roman

This thread got me looking at watch on line. Found one I liked went to Macy's last month.

Found it the lady said I could get 25% off this month plus if use Macy card another 15%.
When I saw difference put it on Macy card she said she would call me day sale started.

When told Janice she said why did you order another watch. Today we got our second covid shot we went to Kahala Mall after I picked up the watch. She said wow that's a nice watch.

IMG_20210405_153250310_MP.jpg

In terms of interesting and rare watches, FP Journe definitely deserves a mention. I’d put it above A Lange & Sohne just because it’s got a lower production volume and has a more cult following. Someone also mentioned ALS > Patek, I think that’s a futile debate. Which name retains its value better = Patek. Which house has better craftsmanship = ALS.

Question for the group — when do you think the Richard Mille hype train going to end?

Agreed we FPJ his watches nearly double in price after retail purchase

RM hype-train continues, and shows no signs of slowing down. They started at 50 K, and now, many go 3-6 times that amount

Maybe the bubble will burst
But like FP, he is a single man operator and he won’t live forever

my poor Tudor. i was not rich when i got it. so i had to get the acrylic face. i couldn't afford the sapphire. i beat on it ugly. i was young, so my parents helped buy it for me.

i have (as an adult) gotten smarter a tiny bit. i try to take it off and drop it into my pocket before i reach into my truck's engine compartment. try!..i still forget sometimes. i bought a GPS smart watch that tracks heartrate and tracks my movements so i at least switch to that watch before i do my wilderness stuff.. i used to hunt and fish with my Tudor. my Tudor is the Submariner. i love it because it isn't common. when i got it, i don't think Tudor was imported to the USA. i got it out of Hong Kong. i have never seen another one except the twin my brother has..and his is not functioning because he is too cheap to send it in for service. i bet i have had it 35 years, maybe.

next service, i will bite the bullet and let Rolex change out the band. i stopped them this time.

watch.jpg

my poor Tudor. i was not rich when i got it. so i had to get the acrylic face. i couldn't afford the sapphire. i beat on it ugly. i was young, so my parents helped buy it for me.

i have (as an adult) gotten smarter a tiny bit. i try to take it off and drop it into my pocket before i reach into my truck's engine compartment. try!..i still forget sometimes. i bought a GPS smart watch that tracks heartrate and tracks my movements so i at least switch to that watch before i do my wilderness stuff.. i used to hunt and fish with my Tudor. my Tudor is the Submariner. i love it because it isn't common. when i got it, i don't think Tudor was imported to the USA. i got it out of Hong Kong. i have never seen another one except the twin my brother has..and his is not functioning because he is too cheap to send it in for service. i bet i have had it 35 years, maybe.

next service, i will bite the bullet and let Rolex change out the band. i stopped them this time.

View attachment 124036

I wish I had bought a Tudor that many years ago - I think they are absolutely great watches - including even some of the funkier sports one I see on their website - definitely for outdoor and sports fans

Back