what do you think working on a food truck is like?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomchakabowwow

Reaction score
maybe some of you know first-hand?

I am a boring civil engineer. I have 6 more years until I retire. not sure I will get another job, but I just love watching the food truck folks do their thing. it looks intense. I bet the behind the scene stuff is brutal. nightly truck cleaning, off site cooking, shopping, etc..not to even mention food truck maintenance.

there seems to be some food truck friendly meals. I think chili oil stuff..wontons, noodles, etc. the job looks exciting as hell.

just taking a break from creating my powerpoint presentation about retaining walls. bleackkk.

Attachments

• DJI_0705.JPG
    DJI_0705.JPG
    238.6 KB · Views: 20
When I think of working in a food truck, I immediately think about how hot it must be. Especially if you are in a warmer area, during the summer it would probably be brutal.

Although where I live I do know some food truck owners who are able to do a lot of business over the summer, capitalizing off of tourism, and then take the winters off with the money from that. That doesn't sound too bad, but I wouldn't bank on that happening unless you are positive you could find a great space, and put out really good food.

I get being stuck in an office and dreaming about working with your hands. I’ve done a lot of both and each time I was doing one I wished I was doing the other.
I feel you. I walked away from 14 years of IT consulting to become a chef. That was fun until we had babies and now I'm back at the desk. A couple years ago I priced out a food truck, but that never left the realm of fantasy.

Another thing about operating in a truck, are you the right size for that? I'm 1.9 meters tall and don't like confined spaces much...

Back