What do you use to juice limes, lemons, and oranges?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dafox

Reaction score
What do you use to juice limes, lemons, and oranges?

A citrus juicer, manual hand juicer, squeezer, press? Do you have multiple sizes of the hand juicers? Which brands are good? Anything to look for? Thanks!

At least for lemons and limes I primarily use the Bellemain squeezer. Supposedly the Chef n'Fresh squeezers will extract more juice but since they are primarily plastic (the Bellemain is all metal) including the gear mechanism the operative question is "for how long?" If I was regularly trying to extract juice in larger volumes I would probably spring for one of the electric reamer style juicers which aren't much more expensive but they do take up more storage space as yet another single-use small appliance relative to the squeezers

At work a Breville citrus press with the press removed. At home a cheapo handheld presser or just squeeze by hand, depending on volume.

In a pinch, 2 forks. For volume Id use one of those electric ones.

I use these two juicers from Chef'N, the green one for lemons and limes, and the orange one for oranges. (The green and yellow version of this are identical, except for the colour.) They work extremely well.
61NyCxubVrL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
61GVo9jBz1L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

If it's just one or two lemons or limes, I use a small handheld porcelain reamer. Quick and easy to clean.

For mass quantity of oranges or tangerines for juice, I bought a Hamilton Beach 932 commercial stand squeezer. It's pricey, a bit more trouble to set up and clean, and you need space to store it. But I like how it works, and I like that it's not electric. This thing will last forever. And you get some good arm exercise too!

Juicer.jpg

Can't believe I'm the only one here that squeezes them between my pecs, and filters out the seeds and pulp with the dirty wife-beater t-shirt I am wearing at the time. Not even Panda? I feel truly alone right now...

Can't believe I'm the only one here that squeezes them between my pecs, and filters out the seeds and pulp with the dirty wife-beater t-shirt I am wearing at the time. Not even Panda? I feel truly alone right now...
It's kinda hard to get hGH right now. I'm reduced to using my biceps, while looking in the mirror.

I use this little guy that looks like a little robot 🤖. It’s works okay but doesn’t open up far enough for 🍊 oranges.

Attachments

• 7E1B7E71-ADE5-4EF4-950C-30A7E1619C3C.jpeg
    7E1B7E71-ADE5-4EF4-950C-30A7E1619C3C.jpeg
    105.1 KB · Views: 15
  • F4970C35-3683-44AC-9169-D7E9ED5B2D48.jpeg
    F4970C35-3683-44AC-9169-D7E9ED5B2D48.jpeg
    111.4 KB · Views: 16
Michi picked the ATK favorite
Ah, I had no idea! IIRC, I bought the Chef'N because it had decent reviews on Amazon.

I like mine a lot. It gets all the juice out very quickly and almost effortlessly, and it cleans up in seconds.

Ah, I had no idea! IIRC, I bought the Chef'N because it had decent reviews on Amazon.

I like mine a lot. It gets all the juice out very quickly and almost effortlessly, and it cleans up in seconds.
I just watched the video posted here, it looks like a nice tool. I had the original and like the video it didn’t hold up. I do like mine a lot, it just needs to be a little bigger.

Back