What happened to Richmond Knives?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya'll joke, but didn't Mark have Mazaki do some OEM stuff (not under the Richmond name) before Mazaki became Mazaki?

Wouldn't know... Damn I don't get the Mazaki thing at all.

I do buy Togo's knockoff of the Kunz spoons. I go elsewhere for knives and stuff but a $6 spoon is better than a $12 spoon.

I do buy Togo's knockoff of the Kunz spoons. I go elsewhere for knives and stuff but a $6 spoon is better than a $12 spoon.

Wanna give my 210mm a ride?

You know, for months I thought you were referring to some vendor I’d never heard of whose given name was “Togo”.

Thanks but no. I've got two data points. Both were meh. And both were carbon. I can do carbon but it has to be pretty spectacular.

I’m sorry, but how do you manage to answer that with a straight face. Teach me Master!
:LOL:

Lose the girlfriend after you get married...much cheaper that way!
Better cool it with knives for a while :D. At least till after the wedding.

JCK had a sale recently . Like when he has sale on sayas.

Along lines of Misono the Kanetsugu Pro M better. Very thin grind and comfortable handle. That and Blue Moon are are good bang for the buck blades at JCK.

NONONO! No more knives for now.
I told myself i had enough knife,(At least now is)XDXD.

Now is JNAT time:dancingcow:

You're right, Better cool it for a while,

I’m sorry, but how do you manage to answer that with a straight face. Teach me Master!
:LOL:

Easy day. My carbon gyutu include a Haburn, Wat KU, Marko, and maybe one or two others. Carbon is a pia and it's gotta earn it's keep. I could keep trying Mazaki and maybe one would resonate. Or I could quit on them and go for the knives I'm more likely to like. Life is too short .

NONONO! No more knives for now.
I told myself i had enough knife,(At least now is)XDXD.

Now is JNAT time:dancingcow:

You're right, Better cool it for a while,
Heres the secret man, you go and bid on the crappiest cheapest stones you can find. Show her how cheap they are. Secretly buy expensive stones, with a seperate account, make sure you have hidden a spreadsheet somewhere with the real cost incase you expire (maybe with your will and lawyer)

3175F31C-65E8-4543-B96C-4F0B333B1026.png
Hopefully with no righty bias. :LOL:

Is it? Might have to get a some more photos of it before I purchase it.
This is what I'm seeing... a flatter right side plus an edge apex that's closer to the right than left (using right and left here in reference to the pic and not the actual side of the knife). Barmoley's right, too, that perspective probably exaggerates this a tad--still looks riiiiighty though.
upload_2020-2-22_20-13-24.png

Last edited:
Easy day. My carbon gyutu include a Haburn, Wat KU, Marko, and maybe one or two others. Carbon is a pia and it's gotta earn it's keep. I could keep trying Mazaki and maybe one would resonate. Or I could quit on them and go for the knives I'm more likely to like. Life is too short .

I’m sorry, with that sort of competition I can understand that Mazaki has a hard time making a place in the rotation.

My comment was actually far more childish than that, and written in what I understand was not entirely correct English (in regards to @CiderBear s comment about “test driving a 210”).

My apologies, no offence intended to any party.

No taken. No worries.

It is a bit odd that every Yoshikane I've ever picked up, I liked and it fit me like it was made for me. And I can't find anything to like about Mazaki.

No taken. No worries.

It is a bit odd that every Yoshikane I've ever picked up, I liked and it fit me like it was made for me. And I can't find anything to like about Mazaki.
Damn, is Mazaki making Yoshikane too, that guy is just everywhere.

I kid, I kid:LOL:

On a slightly more serious note, I tried 2 different generations of Mazaki and even though I thought one of the later ones from cleacut was a good knife it just didn't speak to me somehow. All the dimensions were right and the balance and everything and yet something didn't fit, not sure what really. Very odd when this happens.

Damn, is Mazaki making Yoshikane too, that guy is just everywhere.

I kid, I kid:LOL:

On a slightly more serious note, I tried 2 different generations of Mazaki and even though I thought one of the later ones from cleacut was a good knife it just didn't speak to me somehow. All the dimensions were right and the balance and everything and yet something didn't fit, not sure what really. Very odd when this happens.

He actually used to work at Yoshikane, according to the most reliable source ever https://www.reddit.com/r/chefknives/comments/eso7tq/comment/ffd46fv

Back